Kick off summer with this tasty sand pudding recipe made with crushed cookies and vanilla pudding! Why is it called sand pudding? Because the crushed cookies looks just like sand! But trust me, it tastes so much better than sand! This sand dessert is perfect for your beach themed birthday party, luau or pool party.
Product provided by Oriental Trading.
After spending a week in sunny Florida, the kids and I are anxious for warm weather, playing outside, pool parties, and backyard BBQs. I’m looking forward to the laid back weekends when all of our friends gather around for backyard games, laughter, swimming, boating, and the food! I’m all about the food and take joy in seeing the kids eyes light up when I surprise them with something special.
What is Sand Pudding?
Sand pudding is an easy dessert to make for the kids, and can be easily doubled to feed a crowd. There are no special pans needed for this fun dessert. The no-bake recipe is similar to dirt cake, but is made with vanilla instant pudding and either vanilla wafers or golden oreo cookies.
Ingredients to make this Sand Pudding Recipe
- 1 package golden Oreo cookies
- 2 regular Oreo cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (3.5 oz) packages vanilla pudding mix
- 2 3⁄4 cup milk
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- casserole dish, baking dish, plastic cups, or sand bucket
How to make Sand Pudding
- Remove cream filling from the Golden Oreo Cookies (to resemble sand)
- Crush all Oreos in a food processor
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine pudding mixes and milk, mix until blended.
- Add pudding mixture to the cream cheese mixture, blend.
- Add in the Cool Whip.
- Layer into bucket: sand, pudding, sand, pudding, ending with sand on top.
*Scroll down to print the sand pudding recipe
This snack idea for sand pudding is loved by both kids and adults. You can add fun twists on this delicious party snack by using Cocktail Parasols and making it look like there is sand in a bucket. I even made a few beach themed with teddy grahams and candy towels which the kids thought was a big hit.
Ways to serve this beach themed dessert
Make it in a large baking dish or casserole dish if you’re feeding a crowd. To add a decorative touch, you can also use a large sand pail.
Individual plastic cups – 5oz cups are the perfect size for kids
Sand pail – I found these mini sand pails online at Oriental Trading
This easy sand dessert can be made in a large trifle container, large beach bucket or with these cute Mini Beach Buckets. These little buckets made for cute sand pudding cups. The individual sized snacks were the perfect size to hand out the to the kids and make for a cute display at a pool party or luau party.
Kick off summer with this tasty sand pudding recipe made with crushed cookies and vanilla pudding! Why is it called sand pudding? Because the crushed cookies looks just like sand!
- 1 pkg golden oreo cookies
- 2 oreo cookies
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 3.5 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 3/4 cup milk
- 12 oz cool whip