It’s almost time to get ready for all things rainbow and green! Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with these fun rainbow cupcakes with a hidden surprise in the center!
These colorful rainbow cupcakes will be the perfect addition to your St. Patrick’s day dessert table! Whether you’re hosting a family dinner, want a fun after school snack for the kids, or need to bake a dessert for your child’s classroom, these colorful rainbow cupcakes are sure to be a hit!
How To Make Rainbow Cupcakes:
Before you start baking, make sure you have everything you need on hand to make this rainbow cupcake recipe. You can purchase almost all the ingredients on Amazon and have them shipped directly to your door including the rainbow candy and gold sprinkles.
What you’ll need to make this rainbow cupcake recipe
3 1/4 cups White Frosting
Blue food coloring (I love the Wilton Color Right system)
Additional supplies you can use, but not necessary.
- cupcake corer
- Wilton piping bag
- Wilton Cake decorating tips
How to make rainbow cupcakes = step by step directions:
Bake cupcakes according to directions on box. Let cool. If you’re short on time or don’t want to bake, you can pick up store bought cupcakes either with blue frosting, or just scrape off the frosting and add your own.
Hallow out the center of your cupcake, you can use a cupcake corer.
Fill with gold sprinkles. Put the top of the cupcake back on, press down gently.
Tint 3 cups of white frosting light blue. Frost the cupcake with blue frosting.
Pipe three to four small dots (clouds) on two sides of the cupcake.
Use the sour candy belts to make a rainbow, press each end of the rainbow candy into the clouds.
- 3 1/4 cups White Frosting
- Blue food coloring
- Gold sprinkles
- Airheads Xtremes Sweetly Sour Candy Belts
- Bake cupcakes according to directions on box. Let cool.
- Hallow out the center of your cupcake, you can use a cupcake corer.
- Fill with gold sprinkles. Put the top of the cupcake back on, press down gently.
- Frost the cupcake blue.
- Add three to four dots (clouds) using the white frosting on two sides. You can put the frosting into a piping bag and use a round tip to make the clouds.
- Using the candy belts, add a rainbow to the top. Place each end into the white clouds to secure. If needed, add more clouds to hold the rainbow in place.
If you enjoyed these rainbow cupcakes, make sure to try our rainbow waffles!