Burger Bowls are a low carb way enjoy that juicy burger, its so full of flavor you won’t even realize your missing the bun! A bunless burger stuffed with bacon, melted cheese, cream cheese and jalapenos hits the spot while the kids prefer a bunless bacon cheeseburger. Either way, these low carb burger bowls make for an easy family dinner.
As we enter 2019, my new years resolution is to eat better. It’s been an ongoing struggle for years, as I love chocolate, white rice, and bread. Carbs are my biggest comfort food and I always find myself reaching for a warm roll with butter, white rice with my chicken, and crust on the chicken pot pie. I’ve also had this big craving for burgers lately, I’ve never been overly excited to bit into a burger, but after eating one with candied bacon and a blue cheese sauce a couple months ago at a local BBQ restaurant I’ve been hooked.
Since I have friends that just started the KETO diet and are already seeing results, I have been trying to choose lower carb options. I’m not ready to follow the strict KETO diet, but I do want to choose better options. This past week I made burger bowls, it was a great way and low carb option to enjoy a burger but without the bun.
Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Burger Bowl | Low Carb Bunless Burger
Make your own juicy low carb burgers at home with a few simple ingredients. This low carb burger is so delicious. The seasoned lean ground beef is filled with bacon, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, and cream cheese. If you’re kids don’t like spicy foods, you can easily omit the cream cheese and jalapenos and fill their burger bowls with bacon and cheese.
Burger Bowl Variations
- Topped with ketchup, mustard, relish
- Sauteed onions & mushrooms
Keto Hamburger Recipes Variations:
- Wrapped or stuffed with lettuce and avocado
- Jalapeno Popper Burger – cream cheese, bacon, jalapenos, cheese
- Bacon cheeseburger – filled with bacon & cheese
- Creamy Bacon Ranch – Mix cream cheese with dry ranch seasoning, add bacon & cheese.
Burger Bowls make the Perfect Game Day appetizer:
Instead of 6 burger bowls, make into mini bowls for easy easy game day appetizer. The bunless burger bowls do not crumble and can be picked up or eaten with a fork.
How to make Bunless Burger Bowls:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together the lean ground beef, seasoned salt, gound black pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Line a baking sheet with foil. Divide meat into 6 balls. Use a clean jar or can and press into the center of the ball to help form the ground beef into a bowl shape. I use a mini mason jar.
Cut off the jalapeno pepper stem. Keep the jalapeno pepper membrane and seeds, or remove for a less spicy bunless burger. Mix the softened cream cheese, jalapenos, bacon and cheese. Divide into 6 portions and fill each burger bowl with the cream cheese mixture.
Add a piece of foil on top to make a foil tent (foil loosely covering) and bake for 30 minutes.
Before serving garnish with additional cheddar cheese, bacon or jalapenos if desired.
Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Burger Bowls
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 2 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 jalapenos
- 6 slices bacon cooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Divide meat into 6 balls. Use a clean jar or can to help form the ground beef into a bowl shape.
- Cut off the jalapeno pepper stem. Keep the jalapeno pepper membrane and seeds, or remove for a less spicy burger.
- Mix the cream cheese, jalapenos, bacon and cheese. Divide into 6 portions and fill each burger bowl with the cream cheese mixture.
- Add a piece of foil on top to make a foil tent (foil loosely covering) and bake for 30 minutes. Before serving garnish with additional cheddar cheese, bacon or jalapenos if desired.
Additional Low Carb & KETO Recipes:
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch
- Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Chicken