Slow Cooker freezer meals are an easy way to save lots of time during the busy weeknights. On the weekend, gather all of the ingredients for a couple of recipes, put them into gallon sized bags, remove as much air and freeze. You’ll have freezer crockpot meals ready to go in less than an hour.
This site uses ad networks and affiliate links to generate revenue.
Make Ahead Slow Cooker Freezer Meals
I can’t tell you how convenient it is to have meals for my family on hand for any day of the week. Today I’m sharing great ideas for easy meals to save time and save money with our 7 recipes for make ahead freezer meals for the slow cooker.
By prepping ahead of time, have great recipes ready to thaw and cook any time of the year. With these 7 slow cooker freezer meals you can come home to a warm dinner every night of the week. Spend more time with your family, and less time worrying about what to make for dinner.
How to get started with meal prepping?
Make ahead freezer to slow cooker meals save time and money. Follow our crockpot freezer meal tips for a stress free meal prep.
How to thaw frozen meals?
Place the freezer bag in the refrigerator overnight to allow to thaw.
You can prep meals for a week or even a month in just a couple of hours. When the freezer starts to get low on slow cooker freezer meals, put together another meal plan. Gather the recipes, make a grocery list, and go to the store. Shop the sales, and since chicken is budget friendly, and often goes on sale, add slow cooker chicken recipes to your meal plan.
What are some fast dinner recipes?
Crockpot meals are fast to prepare. Most recipes are dump and go, dump into the crockpot, set the timer, and you’ll have dinner ready in 4-8 hours without all of the work.
Freezer Meals for New Parents:
When you’re getting the house prepared for baby’s arrival, you can also stock the freezer with make ahead meals. During your first couple of weeks home, you won’t have to focus on what to make for dinner, you’ll well-stocked freezer with healthy meals. Freezer meals also make a great gift for new moms and dads.
7 Make Ahead Slow Cooker Freezer Meals:
*Tip: Make cleanup a breeze with these freezer friendly meals by using a crockpot liner. The Slow Cooker liners make cleanup as easy as 1-2-3! Simply take the liner off of the crock pot and toss it in the trash. No scrubbing involved.
Slow Cooker Ground Beef Chili:
- ground beef
- can of tomato sauce, can of diced tomatoes, red kidney beans
- beef broth, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper
Slow Cooker ChiliPrint
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion dices
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 can 28 ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 can 15 ounce red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink ground beef. Drain & set aside and let cool.
- Once ground beef is cooled, add all ingredients into gallon-sized freezer bag.
- Zip the bag close & place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty the contents into crock-pot, stir together and cook on low 6-8 hours.
Honey Sesame Chicken
- chicken thighs
- honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil
- minced garlic, minced onion, crushed red peppers, sesame seeds
- green onions
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- sesame seeds
- green onions thinly sliced
- Mix together honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, garlic, onion and crushed red pepper. Add along with chicken into gallon-sized freezer bag.
- Zip close & place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on low 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot, pour sauce into a saucepan and heat on stove on medium heat. Mix together cornstarch and water, and add into saucepan. Stir constantly for a couple of minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and place back into crock pot with chicken.
- Serve over rice, and top with sesame seeds and green onions.
Slow Cooker Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- ground chicken
- onion, red pepper, lettuce, green onions
- brown rice, water chestnuts
- garlic, salt, pepper,
- hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil
Slow Cooker Asian Chicken WrapsPrint
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 8oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Romaine lettuce or wraps
- In a skillet, cook ground chicken and garlic until no longer pink, drain liquid and set aside to let cool.
- Add green pepper, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper into gallon-sized freezer bag. Add chicken once cooled and mix around.
- Zip close & place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on low 2-3 hours.
- Stir in water chestnuts, cooked rice, green onions, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve wrapped with Romaine lettuce, taco shells or wraps
- crushed pineapple
- barbecue sauce
- chicken breast
Crockpot Hawaiian ChickenPrint
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 bottle bbq sauce
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- Add all ingredients into gallon size ziploc bag. Zip close & place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock-pot, stir together and cook on low 6-7 hours.
Sweet & Sour Meatballs
- red pepper, green pepper, onion
- pineapple tidbits
- frozen meatballs
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 med onion chopped
- 1 16-18oz bottle sweet & sour sauce, or homemade
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits drained
- 1 16oz pkg frozen fully cooked meatballs
- Place the frozen meatballs, peppers, onions & sweet and sour sauce into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Zip close & place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on low 4 hours, during the last hour add in the pineapple.
- Serve over rice.
- chicken breast
- crushed pineapple, black beans, salsa, enchilada sauce
- shredded cheddar/monterey jack cheese
- white or brown rice
- flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cups medium salsa
- 5-6 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 1 10 oz cans green enchilada sauce
- 1 cups shredded cheddar/monterey jack blend
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Place the chicken, pineapple, beans, and salsa in a gallon size plastic freezer bag. Zip close and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Mix the chicken back into the crock pot with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix in the cooked rice.
- Fill 5-6 of the burrito tortillas. Place in in a 9×13 pan. Pour 1 can of the green enchilada sauce over the burritos.
- Top with 1 cup of the shredded cheese and place under the broiler on the middle rack until the cheese is nice and melted. About 5 minutes.
Shredded Chicken Tacos
- chicken breast
- corn, black beans, rotel
- taco seasoning
Crockpot Shredded Chicken TacosPrint
- 2-4 boneless chicken breast
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 package taco seasoning
- Place all ingredients in gallon size freezer bag. Seal bag and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty the contents out of the bag and into crock pot. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Spread chicken over tortilla chips, tacos, burritos, or salad and top with your choice of toppings including shredded cheese, green onions, black olives, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and salsa.
Printable Grocery List:
Print the grocery shopping list for these crockpot freezer meals.
More Family Dinner Ideas:
Looking for more slow cooker recipes and make ahead meals to freeze for new moms? Prep and freeze these great recipes in ziploc bag. There are over 30 recipes to choose from.