Crock Pot freezer meals have become a part of our weekly routine. I have been making crock-pot freezer meals for a few months now and they have not only made dinner time easier but stress free. I don’t have to worry last minute what we’re going to eat, and we have been eating out far less since we have a home cooked meal waiting for us at home. The last couple of weeks we have been trying out foods that we normally wouldn’t eat, like soup and stews. I’ve never been a big soup or stew person, and therefore the kids never eat soup/stew, so I have been trying to eat healthier as well as branch out and try new meals I wouldn’t normally cook.
The Crock Pot Sweet Potato & Basil soup I made this past week was a huge hit with myself and my 6 year old, I think between the two of us we could have eaten the whole pot in a night. He requested seconds and knew we had leftovers and requested it for lunch the next day as well. It will definitely be going into our monthly menu.
Right now I just look in the freezer the night before and choose a meal to thaw out, I’m hoping as I find more meals that our family enjoys that I can make a monthly calendar. I can also see a separate freezer in the near future, right now the freezer on top of our fridge is a bit small and can only hold a handful of dinners.
The biggest thing I do when planning out a number of meals is to check the grocery sale flyer for a couple weeks to stock up on meat that is on sale. If I didn’t shop the sales we’d be way over budget as meat can get expensive.
Tips for Prepping Easy Crock Pot Freezer Meals:
- Search & print out recipes.
- Make a grocery shopping list of the ingredients needed.
- Prep meals in one setting – Take gallon zip lock bags and write the names and directions on each one in permanent marker.
- Lay everything out on the counter, wash/cut/slice up all the veggies. I also cut the fat off the chicken breasts & thighs.
- Start filling the bags with ingredients. I usually do one at a time, but you can start with putting veggies in all the bags, then the meats, then the spices & sauces.
- Place in freezer.
- When ready to use, thaw in fridge over night. Then empty contents out of the Ziploc bag and into the crock-pot.
I don’t have the estimated cost for all meals as I stock up on meats and canned food when on sale. You can always add in extra ingredients/change the recipe to your family’s liking, these are meals and ingredients that our family enjoys. Between my husband and I’s work schedule, the 4-6 hour meals work best for us which is why most of the recipes are not for 8-10 hour days, I also always have never placed the ingredients in frozen – always thawed, so I’m not sure the cooking time if frozen.
I use a Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Oval Stay Or Go Slow Cooker .The meals are cooked for 2 adults and 2 young children (ages 3 & 5), and there is always leftovers for lunch the next day. Cooking times may vary depending on your type and size of slow cooker.
Here are the easy crock pot recipes that we have tried this month, in addition to the other crock-pot recipes we have tried.
- 1½ lbs beef flank steak, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tsp minced ginger
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 3 med green onions, chopped
- Coat the beef flank steak in starch. Add beef flank steak & rest of ingredients to gallon sized zip-lock bag. Seal closed and place in freezer.
- When ready to use, thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp petter
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 4-5 small red potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6oz can tomato paste
- 32 oz beef broth
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp oregano
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Combine all ingredients except flour, water, peas, & corn in gallon sized ziplock bag. Seal & place in freezer.
- When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty thawed contents into crock-pot and cook on low for 10 hours or high 6-7 hours. About 30 minutes before serving mix the flour and water together, and pour into crock-pot. Mix well.Add in frozen corn & peas. Cover and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup pineapple juice (can use juice from crushed pineapple can)
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 16oz can crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix together sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, ketchup, vinegar, and mustard. Bring to boil and cook until well combined, about 3-4 minutes. Set in fridge to let cool.
- Once cooled combine all ingredients in a gallon sized ziplock bag. Seal closed and place in freezer.
- When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours, place thawed contents in crock-pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve over rice.
Thai Peanut Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ tbsp cumin
- crushed peanuts
- chopped scallions
- In a bowl mix together peanut butter, lime juice, vegetable broth, soy sauce, and cumin, place in gallon sized ziplock bag. Add in chicken and peppers, seal closed, and place in freezer.
- When ready to use, thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty thawed contents into crock-pot and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and serve over rice.
- Top with peanuts, scallions, and cilantro.
Creamy Italian Chicken:
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 dry packet of Italian Seasoning
- Mix together softened cream cheese, cream of chicken and Italian Seasoning in a bowl. Once mixed, place in gallon sized ziplock bag with chicken. Seal and place in freezer.
- When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Place thawed contents in crock-pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti:
- 16 oz spaghetti, cooked
- 1 lb Velvetta Light cheese
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 4oz can mild green chilies
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- ½ cup water
- 1 small onion, diced
- Combine all ingredients in gallon sized ziplock bag, seal closed and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty thawed contents into crock-pot and mix well. Cook on low for 2-3 hours. Stir before serving.
Sweet Potato Basil Soup:
- 2 sweet potatoes, or yams peeled and diced
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 1 14oz coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in gallon sized ziplock bag, seal and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty thawed contents into crock-pot and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Pour contents into blender or food processor and puree mixture until smooth.
Mexican Pork and Sweet Potato Stew:
- 1 lb lean pork loin, cut into chunks
- 1 cup green chilies, diced
- ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 med sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 med red onion, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, fire roasted
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Place all ingredients except lime in a gallon sized ziplock bag. Seal and place in freezer.
- When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Place thawed contents in crock-pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Add lime juice and stir well.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup cashews
- Combine flour and pepper in large plastic bag, add chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and brown chicken for 2 minutes on each side, set aside to cool.
- Whisk together honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and place in gallon sized ziplock bag, add in chicken and seal closed. Place in freezer.
- When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty thawed contents into crock-pot and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Slice chicken and stir in cashews.
- Serve over rice.
Lime Garlic Chicken
- 1½ lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp thyme
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a gallon sized freezer bag. Seal closed and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty contents into crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Place chicken on plate and top with remaining juice.
Additional Crockpot Freezer Meal recipes you may enjoy:
I have two crock-pots and use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quartor the Crock-Pot7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker.
Recipes originally found at Mongolian Beef, Beef Stew, Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti, Thai Peanut Chicken, Sweet Potato Basil Soup, Mexican Pork Sweet Potato Stew, Cashew Chicken, Lime Garlic Chicken found in B.J.’s Wholesale Flyer.