Make this Crockpot Mongolian Beef for dinner tonight! Tender flank steak is full of amazing flavor, and takes just minutes to prepare. Toss the ingredients into the crockpot for an easy weeknight family meal the entire family will love. Want to make into a freezer meal? Combine all the ingredients in a gallon bag and freeze.
The past month I took way too many trips to the grocery store and spent more time going up and down the isles than I needed to. More trips to the grocery store means more money spent since I can never just run in for “one” thing, that one ingredient turns into a cart full. I’ve done good in the past menu planning, and have been saying that I will write down a calendar, but life gets busy and it gets put on the “to do list” month after month. This month though is different, I sat down a started writing down a meal plan, using a monthly meal plan calendar that I printed.
I’ll look for easy recipes, check my pantry and fridge and write my grocery list based on what ingredients are needed. This way I know what to cook during the week and have all of the ingredients on hand. No more stressing over what to cook for dinner or running to the grocery store 5 days a week. Our dinner cooks in the crokpot all day, and I have my hands free to to something else.
It’s a win-win for the whole family, the kids get to eat something besides sandwiches, hubby has leftovers for lunch the following day, and I don’t have to stress over what to cook for dinner. The crock pot freezer meals are my favorite kind of nights, I can throw everything into the crock-pot in the morning/early afternoon without having to dirty any dishes, and come 5pm I have a warm home cooked meal that is ready to eat.
This week the crock pot is back on the counter in full force with a roast & mushroom gravy on Sunday, Steak tacos yesterday, and today I’m making my favorite Mongolian Beef Slow Cooker recipe.
This slow cooker beef recipe is easy to make and the kids love it. You can easily add in steamed broccoli for an extra serving of vegetables.
Tasty Mongolian Beef
What do I need to make Crockpot Mongolian Beef?
To make the sauce for the flank steak, you’ll need oil, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, and a little bit of water.
How to make this slow cooker beef recipe:
- Cut flank steak into bite sized pieces. Place flank steak pieces and cornstarch in a Ziplock bag, zip close and shake to coat the beef.
- Get out the slow cooker, add flank steak.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, carrots, and red peppers, stir to combine.
- Pour the sauce into the slow cooker, coating the meat.
- Cook time: Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or cook on high 2-3 hours until cooked through.
- Serve on top of rice and garnish with green onions or red pepper flakes.
Make into a Freezer Meal:
- Write the recipe name & directions on the freezer bag using a permanent marker.
- Cut flank steak into bite sized pieces. Place steak pieces and cornstarch in a gallon freezer bag. Remove the air, zip close and shake to evenly coat.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, carrots, and red peppers into a second bag, zip close.
- Place both bags in freezer. When ready to use, thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crockpot and cook on low 4-5 hours or high 2-3 hours until cooked through.
- Serve the Mongolian beef on top of rice and garnish with green onions.
What Type of Beef Do I Use?
Flank Steak is my go-to cut of beef when I make Mongolian Beef. We also use it for steak tacos.
Print this easy and delicious family favorite crockpot beef recipe to make for dinner tonight!
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak or skirt steak
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
- green onions for garnish
- white or brown rice
- Cut flank steak into bite sized pieces. Place flank steak pieces and cornstarch in a Ziplock bag, zip close and shake to evenly coat.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, carrots, and red peppers into crock-pot, stir to mix. Add flank steak and evenly coat.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours or high 2-3 hours until cooked through.
- Serve on top of rice and garnish with green onions.
More Slow Cooker Recipes you may enjoy.