Do you have a Valentine party to go to within the next week? Or maybe you just want to make a special Valentine’s Day treat for your child? Below are six inexpensive Valentine’s Day Treats to make. Cupid’s Crunch is a huge favorite and we like to change it up for each holiday, it’s also perfect for goodie bags. We’ll also be making Valentine Rice Krispie Treats tomorrow for our family to enjoy with heart shaped cookie cutters. This time I plan to have the boys help me, and let them each decorate their own with a variety of pink and red sprinkles.
6 Valentine’s Day Treats:
Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
These Chocolate Covered Strawberries can be made for just a fraction of the price and are ready in 10 minutes!
Chocolate Covered Pretzels:
- 2 bags microwave popcorn or 1/2- 2/3 cup popcorn kernels popped
- 12 oz bag Wilton candy melts
- 2 cups pretzels- broken into pieces
- 1 – 1/2 cups M&Ms
- Sprinkles Nonpareils, or any other Valentine's themed candies
- Pop popcorn & set aside. Make sure to pick out any unpopped kernels.
- Melt the candy melts at 30 second intervals in the microwave, or use a double boiler.
- Place broken pretzels and M&Ms into a large bowl with popcorn. Then pour 1/2 the melted candy over the top and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Spread the mixture out on a sheet of wax paper- drizzle remaining melted candy over the top.
- Sprinkle the nonpareils, candy bits or sprinkles.
- After the chocolate dries/hardens, break into bits and store in an airtight container.
Valentine Rice Krispie Treats
Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make these cute Valentine Rice Krispie Treats. You can dip either half of the heart, or the whole heart in milk chocolate and decorate with pink and red Valentine’s Day sprinkles.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Sprinkles / nonpareils
- Chocolate melts
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in food coloring (if desired). Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using butter spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using heart shaped cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into desired shapes.
- Heat chocolate in 30 second intervals in microwave until smoothe. Dip Rice Krispies Treat in chocolate and cover with sprinkles/nonpareils
- Let chocolate harden and serve.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2-5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Valentine’s Day Dessert Kabobs
These Valentine Day Kabobs can be made any way you want. Use Angel Food Cake instead of brownies, and you can even drizzle melted chocolate, pink candy melts, or caramel on top.
Raspberry Hugs Cookies
- 1 Bag Hershey's Hugs Raspberry Favored White Creme Candies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Remove wrappers from candies
- Beat butter, shortening and sugar until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until cookie is set. Remove from oven to wire wrack. Cool 5 minutes.
- Press candy pieces into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool completely.
*Sources Rice Krispies Hearts