BBQ Beef Braid is an easy ground beef recipe made with refrigerated crescent roll dough. Each slice is packed with ground beef, BBQ Sauce and cheese. This ground beef recipe pairs well with a salad for an easy family dinner, or makes a great game night appetizer.
A least once a week, ground beef is on our dinner mean whether it’s a ground beef skillet, tacos, or our favorite BBQ Beef Biscuit Cups. I stock up on meat when it goes on sale and have the freezer stocked with one pound portions of lean ground beef.
Although we have our favorites, I’m always on a mission to come up with new ones. I recently made a Broccoli Alfredo Chicken made with refrigerated crescent dough which was a favorite among the kids and decided to use our favorite bbq ground beef filling from the Beef Biscuit Cups as inspiration.
How to make a Crescent Braid:
The crescent dough braids are easy to make and you can easily swap out ingredients – ground beef with taco seasoning for a Taco Braid, or Chicken Broccoli Braid.
BBQ Beef Braid Recipe:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
In a skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink, drain.
In a large bowl, toss together ground beef and BBQ sauce.
Press the seams together to form single layer
Using a knife or scissors, cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides.
Spread the ground beef mixture along the center strip, sprinkle with cheese.
Fold the side strips over BBQ beef mixture, alternating strips from each side to form a braid. Press edges to seal.
Brush with egg wash.
Bake the crescent braid 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Honey BBQ Beef Crescent Braid
- 1 lb ground beef cooked & drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 8 oz refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough
- 1 beaten egg plus 1 tsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink, drain.
- In a large bowl, toss together ground beef, BBQ sauce, and Cheddar cheese.
- On a medium baking sheet, unroll the crescent roll dough and spread both cans length wise to form a long rectangle.
- Press the seams together to form single layer
- Using a knife or scissors, cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides.
- Spread the ground beef mixture along the center strip. Fold the side strips over BBQ beef mixture, alternating strips from each side. Pinch or twist to seal.
- Top with egg wash. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.