How to make Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
Slow Cooker Asian Chicken WrapsPrint
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 8oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Romaine lettuce or wraps
- In a skillet, cook ground chicken and garlic until no longer pink, drain liquid and set aside to let cool.
- Add green pepper, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper into gallon-sized freezer bag. Add chicken once cooled and mix around.
- Zip close & place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on low 2-3 hours.
- Stir in water chestnuts, cooked rice, green onions, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve wrapped with Romaine lettuce, taco shells or wraps