Stock your freezer with a month of family meals. Check out our tips to help you stay on budget and stock your freezer full of make ahead meals. You never have to wonder what to make for dinner, just reach into your freezer and thaw out a meal.
This site uses ad networks and affiliate links to generate revenue.
Tips for Prepping a Month of Freezer Meals:
- Shop sales & stock up on meat.
- Search & print out recipes.
- Check your pantry and fridge – make a grocery shopping list of the ingredients needed.
- Take gallon zip lock bags and write the names of each meal, date and directions on each one in permanent marker.
- Lay everything out on the counter
- Wash/cut/slice up all the veggies.
- Cut the fat off the chicken breasts & thighs.
- Cook any meat that needs to be precooked – (ground beef ect)
- Start filling the ziplock bags with ingredients. I usually do one at a time, but you can start with putting veggies in all the bags, then the meats, then the spices & sauces.
- A second set of hands always makes the process go smoother, if not these handy bag holders help to free up your hands and hold the bag open.
- Zip close. Place in freezer.
- I try to freeze the bags as flat as I can to make the storing neater. I usually put a small cutting boards or a piece of a cardboard box in between until they start to freeze and then remove the boards. This is not necessary but will make storage neater.
- When ready to use, thaw in the fridge over night. Empty contents out of the Ziploc bag and into the crockpot.
- If I remember, I use a crockpot pot liner, which makes cleanup a breeze.
What kind of crockpot do I use?
I have this programmable crockpot that I purchased on Amazon a couple years go.
Make crockpot freezer meals on a budget.
- boneless chicken breasts, black beans, corn, taco seasoning, salsa, water
- boneless chicken breasts, crushed pineapple, BBQ sauce
- boneless chicken breasts, cream cheese, cream of chicken, packet of Italian seasoning
- ground chicken, garlic cloves, red bell pepper, yellow onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, salt, pepper, sliced water chestnuts, brown rice, green onions, rice vinegar, sesame oil, romaine lettuce
- skinless chicken thighs, lime juice, chicken broth, garlic cloves, thyme, unsalted butter
- boneless skinless chicken thighs, salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, curry powder, ground ginger, sweet potatoes, onion, peach (or apricot) preserves, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, chicken broth, cornstarch
- chicken thighs, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, minced garlic, minced onion, crushed red pepper, cornstarch, water, sesame seeds, green onions
- boneless chicken breasts, flour, pepper, canola oil, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic clove, ginger, red pepper flakes, cashews
- boneless chicken breasts, frozen broccoli florets, Alfredo sauce, green pepper, sliced mushrooms
- boneless chicken breast, corn, black beans, Rotel, taco seasoning
- cooked chicken breasts, spaghetti, Velveeta, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, petite diced tomatoes, mild green chilies, mushrooms, water, onion
- boneless chicken breasts, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, red wine vinegar
- boneless chicken breasts, green pepper, broccoli, red potatoes, paprika, condense cream of chicken soup, Velveeta, Worcestershire sauce, fresh parsley
- boneless chicken breast, dried minced onion, whole cranberry sauce, BBQ sauce
- boneless chicken breasts, baby carrots, red onion, crushed pineapple, garlic cloves, teriyaki sauce
- boneless chicken breasts, garlic cloves, basil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, carrots
- boneless chicken thighs, salt & pepper, onion, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, canola oil, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, cornstarch, sesame seeds, Bourbon (optional)
- boneless chicken breasts, carrots, bell pepper, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, orange juice concentrate
- boneless chicken breast, red pepper, onion, peanut butter, lime, vegetable broth, soy sauce, cumin, crushed peanuts, scallions, cilantro
- boneless chicken breast, Rotel, taco seasoning
- boneless chicken breast, crushed pineapple, black beans, salsa, flour tortillas, green enchilada sauce, shredded cheddar, rice
Looking for more meals that you can freeze? Check out our list of 45 Slow Cooker Chicken Meals.
- pork butt/shoulder, pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, oregano, paprika, salt, sugar, onion, BBQ sauce
- pork loin, green chilies, chicken broth, sweet potatoes, red onion, diced tomatoes -fire roasted, cumin, salt, pepper, lime juice
- pork tenderloin roast, onion, cumin, salsa, Ro-Tel, tortillas
- pork chops, garlic cloves, brown sugar, soy sauce, chicken broth
- pork ribs, ketchup, seasoned salt, brown sugar, white vinegar
- pork tenderloin, chunky applesauce, BBQ sauce, minced dried onion
- sausage, green pepper, red pepper, onion, garlic cloves, Italian diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning
- baby back ribs, BBQ sauce, paprika, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper,
- red bell pepper, green bell pepper, onion, sweet & sour sauce, pineapple tidbits, frozen fully cooked meatballs
- ground beef (or ground turkey), onion, diced tomatoes, ketchup, water, dark red kidney beans, chili seasoning, celery, Worcestershire sauce, sugar.
- round steak, flour, salt, pepper, onion, garlic cloves, green pepper, red pepper, Italian style tomatoes, beef bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, steak sauce
- flank steak (or skirt steak), cornstarch, olive oil, mince garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, carrots, red pepper,
- cubed beef stew meat or ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, water, sour cream, garlic cloves, onion soup mix packet, chopped mushrooms, egg noodles
- beef stew meat, salt, pepper, onion, celery, baby carrots, red potatoes, tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic clove, dried parsley, oregano, flour, water, peas, corn
- sweet potatoes, yellow onion, coconut milk, vegetable broth, garlic cloves, dried basil