Upgrade your slice of bread with this 5 minute avocado salsa toast. This easy avocado recipe is vegan, dairy free, egg free, and gluten free. It’s perfect for an on-the-go breakfast, Mother’s Day brunch, lunch, or whenever you want an easy avocado snack.
This post is sponsored by Little Northern Bakehouse.
Between three kids and two dogs, I don’t always have a lot of time to get breakfast ready before I have to head out the door to get the kids to school. I’m always on the lookout for simple ideas that take only 5 or 10 minutes to make. Toast is an everyday, grab-and-go breakfast and can be easily upgraded with simple ingredients.
This avocado toast is simple and delicious and it only takes 5 minutes to make! Its an easy way to turn a bland slice of bread into a delicious breakfast.
Celebrate the favorite women in your life on Mother’s Day, or any day, with a wholesome brunch, made with tasty gluten-free breads from Little Northern Bakehouse. This easy avocado toast is so easy even the kids can make it.
Upgrade your bread with avocado toast toppings.
Ingredients for Avocado Salsa Toast
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered. I also like to remove some of the seeds & juices.
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- lime juice from half a lime
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- favorite gluten free bread (sprouted honey oat bread, whole grain bread..)
How to make our avocado tomato toast:
All you need to make this simple avocado toast is a toaster, cutting board, knife, and medium bowl.
Place two slices of bread in a toaster until golden. You can use any kind of bread, but I like to use whole grain wheat, the Little Northern Bakehouse Sprouted Honey Oat is also tasty.
Next, in a small bowl combine the avocado, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice.
Spread half of the avocado salsa on each slice of toasted bread. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Avocado Toast variations:
Avocado Mash: If you prefer more of a spread, puree your avocado, and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor. Top each slice of bread with the avocado mash.
Red Pepper Flakes: sprinkle with red pepper flakes for a little spice.
More about Little Northern Bakehouse:
Little Northern Bakehouse is dedicated to making healthier, gluten-free breads. The breads are plant-based, non-GMO, and are also all certified Glyphosate Residue Free. The tastiest gluten-free breads and buns are available in a variety of flavors including:
- NEW Gluten-Free sprouted breads (honey oat and 7 grain)
- whole grain
- white made with brown rice, sunflower oil
- millet & chia
- cinnamon & raisin
- seed & grains
Avocado Salsa Toast
- 1 large ripe avocado diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- juice from half a lime
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 slices whole grain bread or your favorite type
- Place two slices of bread in a toaster until toast until golden.
- In a small bowl combine the avocado, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil.
- Spread half of the avocado salsa on each slice of toasted bread. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.