When I first moved down to Virginia I got to experience some new foods, my roommates were from Louisiana and Arkansas and although we ate a lot of the same foods, there were also many times that I was able to try new foods. One recipe that my roommate made that I loved was BBQ Jack Pots. They are simply delicious and a big hit with my family.
- ¾ pound ground beef
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 10-ounce can biscuits
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Brown ground beef in frying pan, drain. Add in BBQ sauce, onion and brown sugar.
- Spray muffin pan. Separate and flatten biscuits (I use a rolling pin coated in flour so it doesn’t stick)
- Press each flattened biscuit into a muffin tin
- Spoon meat mixture into each and sprinkle with cheese
- Bake at 400 degrees for ten minutes.
I love to double and triple the recipe to share with my parents and siblings.