Change up your Chicken, Broccoli, Alfredo dish with this Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Braid stuffed with chicken, broccoli, and cheddar cheese.
Between hockey, school, and other various school activities, our days have been booked solid lately. Add in a holiday, and things become even more hectic. This past week I’ve been trying to get the house ready for Thanksgiving while packing for two different trips.
We often have a can of Pillsbury™ Biscuits or Crescents in our fridge that are used to make a variety of recipes. The inside of a Pillsbury can is bursting with possibilities, we rarely serve them as is, and often mix them with a number of other ingredients to make an appetizer or meals. One of my favorite go-to recipes, is our Taco Ring recipe which is perfect for entertaining as well as the Garlic Parmesan Pizza Bites. We also enjoy making Crescent braids filled with chicken or beef. We slice them thin, and serve them as an appetizer.
This week while picking up groceries at our local Shaw’s for Thanksgiving dinner, I made sure to also pick up Pillsbury Crescents to make a Chicken, Broccoli, Alfredo Braid. Chicken, broccoli, Alfredo is a favorite among my kids and relatives, so I thought we should change things up a little bit and give it a try as a braid.
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Braid:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
In a large bowl, toss together the 2 cups of chicken, 2 cups of steamed broccoli, 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce, and 1 cup of Cheddar cheese.
On a medium baking sheet, unroll the crescent roll dough and spread both cans length wise to form a long rectangle. Press the seams together to form single layer Using a knife or scissors, cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides. Spread the chicken broccoli Alfredo mixture along the center strip. Fold the two ends over.
Brush the braided dough with the egg and sprinkle with rosemary.
Bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed, chopped
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Alfredo sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large bowl, toss together chicken, broccoli, Alfredo sauce, and Cheddar cheese.
- On a medium baking sheet, unroll the crescent roll dough and spread both cans length wise to form a long rectangle.
- Press the seams together to form single layer
- Using a knife or scissors, cut 1 inch wide strips in towards the center, starting on the long sides.
- Spread the chicken broccoli Alfredo mixture along the center strip. Fold the side strips over chicken mixture, alternating strips from each side. Pinch or twist to seal.
- Brush the braided dough with the egg and sprinkle with rosemary. Bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Stop by your local Shaw’s supermarket and pick up Pillsbury products to meet your Thanksgiving entertaining needs.
What are some of your favorite recipes to make with Pillsbury Crescents?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway (please use name of your local store) . The opinions and text are all mine.