Thanks to Pinterest, our family had a delicious dinner last night, Baked Squash Pasta. I found the recipe earlier this week I while I was searching to find a few new squash recipes. It looked fairly easy to make and after a quick trip to the grocery store to purchase the cheeses (found near the deli in the specialty cheese section) we decided to make it last night for dinner.
- 9 oz fresh pasta I used fettuccine
- 10 oz butternut squash
- 10 oz of hard cheese I used Parmesan, Fontina and Dubliner
- Garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 2 Tbps Fresh parsley - chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the pasta according to directions on box.
- Shred the butternut squash and the cheeses.
- In a large bowl allow the pasta to slightly cool, mix in the squash and about half of the cheese
- Add the garlic and parsley
- Place the mixture into a well buttered shallow dish
- Pour 1 1/2 cups heavy cream.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake in pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes, until the cream is absorbed and squash is cooked.
- Cool slightly and serve.
The Baked Squash Pasta was a big hit with the family. I never thought of mixing butternut squash with pasta, we normally just have squash either mashed or baked in cubes for a side. Although the Baked Squash Pasta was plenty for myself and the kids, my husband prefers meat or seafood at dinner as well. Next time I plan to serve it with a side of shrimp, or even with some baked chicken.