This post is brought to you in partnership with Sports Authority.
For years, my New Year’s Resolution was always to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, before I had Trevor. While I would always start out good, I lacked the motivation to exercise and would within a month or two I would eat whatever I was craving. This year is different though, while I didn’t make a New Year’s Resolution, I am making healthier choices when it comes to snacking and meals, and now choose an apple or a clementine instead of a bag a chips. A lot had to do with becoming pregnant and the morning sickness that soon arrived.
I was always a big coffee drinker but no longer wanted anything to do with the coffee that I always loaded up with sugar and cream. I stopped drinking soda, opting for water instead and soon I started making healthier choices when it came to snacks and meals as well. I now stock up in the fruit and vegetable aisle now, and skip the cookie and chip aisle. Now I just need to work on exercising which has been the hardest part since we no longer have a gym with daycare available, and the temps are below freezing to do anything outside.
Just in time for the New Year, Sports Authority is working on a MapMyFitness Challenge which has given me the motivation to exercise as well as track my meals. Not only does the MapMyFitness app track my activities and food, but by linking it with my Sports Authority “The League” loyalty card, I also earn additional points. With two children active in sports, I often order from Sports Authority.
- Download & become a member of the FREE Sports Authority “The League” app. Sign up by logging into Facebook or with your email by visiting sportsauthority.com/theleague
- Earn 25 points when you link your League account with MapMyFitness, a training app that helps you go further by tracking activity levels, workouts and more
- Earn an additional 25 points when you link your fitness tracker with your accounts
- Map your route – choose from over 70 million routes, or create your own.
- Track your activity – use the built-in GPS on your mobile device to track activities. Record your workout details that can include the duration, distance, pace, speed, or calories burned.
- Log your Food –get a complete picture of your health by tracking what you eat.
- Share with Friends – gain some extra encouragement or cheer on your friends
As a special bonus and to boost your motivation record 50 miles on the app through February 1 and you will be eligible to win a $1,000 gift card! Make sure to link together your MapMyFitness and The League accounts and visit mapmyfitness.com/challenges to get in on the challenge!