Jalapeno Popper Chicken is loaded with flavors from your favorite appetizer. This family favorite recipe is made with just the right amount of heat and topped with cheddar cheese and bacon. If you’re following the ketogenic diet, this baked chicken is low carb.
Creamy cheese, crisp bacon, and spicy jalapeños!
Oh my goodness…this is cream cheese jalapeno chicken of the best family dinners I have made in a while. Even the kids and husband loved it! I de-seeded the jalapeños that I put in the chicken breast that I was giving the kids. They didn’t complain once about it being spicy, which I was kind of afraid of. I on the other hand love a little heat and left the jalapeño pepper seeds in the rest.
Cream cheese Jalapeño Poppers are one of my favorite appetizers. I don’t get Jalapeno Poppers too often as I try to limit the fried food that we eat. This past week I was excited to have some of my favorite flavors in a low carb chicken dish for dinner. While I’m not following the KETO diet, I have been trying to mix in a variety of low carb dishes when meal planning for the month.
Jalapeño Popper Chicken
Make a spicy version for the adults with the Jalapeño seeds. Remove the seeds and membranes for a more mild taste, or even omit the jalapeños for the kids portion. Keep some for medium heat.
What You’ll need to make Stuffed Jalapeño Popper Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened-
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon, chopped
- 4-5 fresh jalapeño peppers
*Scroll down to print a copy of this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole recipe.
Preheat the oven to 375˚F
Butterfly the boneless skinless chicken breasts, make sure not to cut all the way through. Season chicken with garlic powder or taco seasoning, or salt and pepper.
Wash the jalapeños and cut the tops off. Cut off the jalapeno pepper stems and remove the seeds and membranes if youwant a milder dish. Leave the seeds & membranes if you would like the chicken spicy. Cut the jalapeño peppers into strips.
Place chicken in casserole dish.
Evenly stuff chicken breast with jalapeños, cream cheese, bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese (reserving 1/4 cup cheese for the top).
Cook time: Place the dish in the oven and bake the jalapeno chicken for 35-40 minutes, or until the internal temp reaches 165˚F.
With 5 minutes remaining, remove the casserole dish from oven and sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese and bacon over top. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes.
Different ways to make Jalapeno Chicken Casserole:
Instead of chicken breast, use a rotisserie chicken. Use a fork to shred the chicken. Layer shredded chicken with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalapeno peppers. Cook at 375˚F for 20 minutes until cream cheese starts to soften. Mix shredded chicken with cream cheese until evenly mixed. Remove the casserole dish from oven and sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese and slices of bacon over top. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes.
What sides go good with Jalapeno Popper Chicken with Bacon?
- Southern Style Green Beans
- Mashed potatoes
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Baked Asparagus
- Roasted Carrots
Jalapeño Popper Chicken is KETO Friendly.
This Jalapeño Popper Chicken is a simple and easy recipe for those following a KETO and low carb diet. Even if you’re not following a low carbohydrate diet, this spicy cream cheese chicken dish is amazing!
Make this Jalapeno Chicken Casserole Recipe in the Crockpot!
Same ingredients, but less work! Make this jalapeño chicken casserole in the crockpot with our Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper recipe. The recipe calls for the same ingredients, but just with a crockpot instead of the oven. All of the ingredients are place in the crockpot and the jalapeno chicken slow cooks all day.
Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless, chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon chopped
- 4-5 fresh jalapeño peppers
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F
- Butterfly chicken breasts, make sure not to cut all the way through. Season chicken with garlic powder.
- Wash the jalapeños and cut the tops off. Remove the seeds and stems if you want it milder, or leave if you would like a spicier dish. Cut the jalapeño peppers into strips.
- Place chicken in casserole dish.
- Evenly stuff chicken breast with cream cheese, bacon, and cheddar cheese (reserving 1/4 cup cheese for the top).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until internal temp reaches 165˚F.
- With 5 minutes remaining, remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and bacon. Return to oven for remaining 5 minutes.