Inexpensive Valentine’s Day ideas to help make the day special.
You don’t have to break the bank in order to surprise your loved one with sweets for Valentine’s Day. Make your own chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered strawberries, for Valentine’s Day Kabobs for just a fraction of the price. These colorful and delicious Valentine’s Day desserts can be made for your spouse, children, friend, or even a teacher.
Inexpensive Valentine’s Day ideas:
- If you’re not a baker or want to save time you can pick up pre-made brownies in store or you can make you favorite homemade brownies if you prefer.
- The Wilton candy melts used in these recipes at Michael’s Craft Store, JoAnne Fabrics, Walmart, or your can order ahead of time on Amazon.com and have them shipped directly to your door.
- Wilton sells pretzel bags. Display these Valentine’s chocolate covered pretzels in a cute bag with colorful ribbon.
Valentine’s Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Valentine’s Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Wilton candy melts
- Wax paper
- Melt the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl/cup, or use the double boiler on the stove. To use the microwave, melt the chocolate in 15-20 second intervals on 50% power, mixing in between.
- Dip the strawberry into the melted chocolate and let the excess drip off
- Top with sprinkles, additional melted chocolate.
- Place on wax paper and let harden.