Looking for a tasty family meal that doesn’t require an hour in the kitchen at the end of your busy day? Crockpot freezer meals are great solution when families need a home cooked meal, plus they can be a easy way to save time and money. Learn how to prepare crockpot freezer meals with our list of 10 crockpot freezer meals that the whole family will love.
Family Friendly Crockpot Freezer Meals
Freezer meals are a simple and stress-free way to stock your freezer with homemade meals that you can enjoy on busy weeknights. When most people think of freezer meals, they automatically think of cooking in the oven, but crockpots can also be a great tool when you want to come home to a hot meal at the end of the day with very little prep, and cleanup. I prefer to prepare a week or two of meals at a time, and place the ingredients in freezer bags so everything is ready to go.
Meals can be made with little effort throughout the week since most of the ingredients are already prepared in the bags. Simply empty the ingredients in the crockpot in before leaving the house and the crockpot will do all of the work. Even when your mornings and afternoons are filled with busy schedules, families can sit own together and have a warm meal together at the end of the day.
Save time & money with freezer meals.
Crockpots are good for more than stews and chili. Today I’m sharing a variety of crockpot recipes to help you stay on budget and spend less time in the kitchen and more time with the kids. Get dinner on the table with these quick and easy kid-friendly meals that can be prepped ahead of time and placed in bags in the freezer. Or they can be placed in the refrigerator if you plan to use them that week.
Plan your week with make ahead meals. Print recipes, make a grocery list, shop deals, and dedicate one to two hours to meal prep. Prep and freeze the family meals in a gallon bag, then simply thaw and dump into the crockpot when you need an easy weeknight dinner.
Making crockpot freezer meals can be a great option for families. Families can save money by buying ingredients in bulk, shopping sales, and by spending less money eating out.
I made the Sweet Potato Basil soup this past week and it has become one of my favorite soups to make in the crockpot. My six year old also loved it. I think between the two of us we could have eaten the whole pot in a night. He requested seconds and since we had leftovers, requested it for lunch the next day as well.
Crockpot recipes are becoming more and more popular, especially in the summer months when families don’t want the stove heating up the house, or in the fall and winter months when schedules become more and more busy with afterschool activities and sports. When you’re trying to find a balance between afterschool activities and making a home cooked meal, these crockpot freezer meals are a great way to feed the family with little effort.
What are some crockpot freezer meal recipes?
Here’s ten of our family friendly crockpot freezer meals. Click each link, or scroll down to print the recipe.
- Beef Stew
- Mongolian Beef
- Pineapple Chicken Burritos
- Thai Peanut Chicken
- Creamy Italian Chicken
- Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
- Sweet Potato Basil Soup
- Crockpot Sweet Potato and Pork Stew
- Cashew Chicken
- Garlic Lime Chicken
The best Crockpot Beef Stew made with chunks of beef, red potatoes, carrots, peas, corn, and a simple blend of broth and spices. Easy family dinner to serve when it’s cold outside.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 med onion chopped
- 2 celery ribs sliced
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 4-5 small red potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 32 oz beef broth
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Combine all ingredients except flour, water, peas, & corn in gallon sized ziplock bag. Seal & place in freezer.
- When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty thawed contents into crock-pot and cook on low for 10 hours or high 6-7 hours. About 30 minutes before serving mix the flour and water together, and pour into crock-pot. Mix well.Add in frozen corn & peas. Cover and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
The tender flank steak is full of flavor, and it takes just minutes to toss all of the ingredients into the crockpot for a perfect weeknight family meal.
- 1 1/2 lbs beef flank steak cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp minced ginger
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 med green onions chopped
- Coat the beef flank steak in starch. Add beef flank steak & rest of ingredients to gallon sized zip-lock bag. Seal closed and place in freezer.
- When ready to use, thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Pineapple Chicken Burritos
Pineapple Salsa Chicken made with with black beans and green enchilada sauce makes a favorite filling in burritos or tacos. Best of all? The chicken is slow cooked in the crockpot all day, all you have to do is shred it, stuff the burrito, and broil it in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cups medium salsa
- 5-6 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 1 10 oz cans green enchilada sauce
- 1 cups shredded cheddar/monterey jack blend
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Place the chicken, pineapple, beans, and salsa in a gallon size plastic freezer bag. Zip close and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Mix the chicken back into the crock pot with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix in the cooked rice.
- Fill 5-6 of the burrito tortillas. Place in in a 9×13 pan. Pour 1 can of the green enchilada sauce over the burritos.
- Top with 1 cup of the shredded cheese and place under the broiler on the middle rack until the cheese is nice and melted. About 5 minutes.
Thai Peanut Chicken
Skip takeout, and make this crockpot Thai peanut chicken. Chicken breasts are simmered all day in a peanut sauce and served over a bowl of rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 white onion chopped
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ tbsp cumin
- crushed peanuts
- chopped scallions
- In a bowl mix together peanut butter, lime juice, vegetable broth, soy sauce, and cumin, place in gallon sized ziplock bag. Add in chicken and peppers, seal closed, and place in freezer.
- When ready to use, thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty thawed contents into crock-pot and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and serve over rice.
- Top with peanuts, scallions, and cilantro.
Creamy Italian Chicken
Only 4 ingredients needed to make this delicious crockpot creamy Italian chicken. This family favorite recipe is incredibly easy to make. Simply dump all of the ingredients into the crockpot, cover and cook on low for 4- 6 hours.
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 dry packet of Italian Seasoning
- Mix together softened cream cheese, cream of chicken and Italian Seasoning in a bowl. Once mixed, place in gallon sized ziplock bag with chicken. Seal and place in freezer.
- When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Place thawed contents in crock-pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti is a simple and kid-friendly recipe even for the pickiest eaters. Kids love the cheesy spaghetti, and you can easily sneak in an extra serving of vegetables by mincing up mushrooms or cauliflower.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
- 16 oz spaghetti cooked
- 1 lb Velvetta Light cheese
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can mild green chilies
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion diced
- Combine all ingredients in gallon sized ziplock bag, seal closed and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty thawed contents into crock-pot and mix well. Cook on low for 2-3 hours. Stir before serving.
Sweet Potato Basil Soup
Warm up with a hearty bowl of sweet potato soup on a cold day made in the crockpot. This creamy soup is made with pureed sweet potato and coconut milk, the ultimate comfort soup on a cold fall day.
- 2 sweet potatoes or yams peeled and diced
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced
- 1 14 oz coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in gallon sized ziplock bag, seal and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty thawed contents into crock-pot and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Pour contents into blender or food processor and puree mixture until smooth.
Crockpot Sweet Potato and Pork Stew
Warm up to a warm bowl of stew on a cool fall night. This Sweet Potato Pork Stew is a delicious stew recipe, perfect for fall and winter months. Made with pork loin, diced tomatoes, onion and sweet potatoes, this tasty stew takes just 15 minutes to prepare and slow cooks to perfection.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Pork Stew
- 1 lb lean pork loin cut into chunks
- 1 cup green chilies diced
- ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 med sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 med red onion chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes fire roasted
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Place all ingredients except lime in a gallon sized ziplock bag. Seal and place in freezer.
- When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Place thawed contents in crock-pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Add lime juice and stir well.
Cashew chicken is a simple slow cooker recipe that combines boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs with cashews in a savory sauce. Serve over rice and garnish with green onions for an easy weeknight family dinner.
Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup cashews
- Combine flour and pepper in large plastic bag, add chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and brown chicken for 2 minutes on each side, set aside to cool.
- Whisk together honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and place in gallon sized ziplock bag, add in chicken and seal closed. Place in freezer.
- When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty thawed contents into crock-pot and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Slice chicken and stir in cashews.
- Serve over rice.
Garlic Lime Chicken
Crockpot Garlic lime chicken is a simple, easy dinner idea that is perfect for any day of the week. Incredibly flavorful this Garlic Lime Chicken recipe doesn’t get much easier. Simply place all ingredients in the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with white rice, brown rice or cauliflower rice.
- 1½ lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ½ tsp thyme
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a gallon sized freezer bag. Seal closed and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty contents into crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Place chicken on plate and top with remaining juice.
Crockpot Freezer Meals FAQ
Do you have any tips for freezing crockpot meals
- Dedicate one afternoon to preparing freezer friendly crockpot recipes.
- Take gallon zip lock freezer bags and write the names of each meal, date and directions on each one in permanent marker.
- Gather all ingredients, recipes, and prepare all meat, chop up veggies.
Do you recommend any tools for helping to prepare meals easier?
- Use a baggy rack stand– these neat little gadgets are perfect for helping to keep the bags open, especially if you don’t have someone to help you.
Any advice on how to organize freezer?
I try to freeze the bags as flat as I can to make the freezer shelves look neater. I usually put a small cutting boards or a piece of a cardboard box in between each meal until they start to freeze and then remove the boards. This is not necessary but will make storage neater, it also makes the meals freeze flat so it is easier to remove them.
How Can I Prevent Freezer Burn?
- Get as much air out: Try help prevent freezer burn, try to get as much air out as possible.
- Make sure the food is cold, if the meat or ingrenients have to be pre-cooked, make sure they are at room tempurate before placing in the freezer.
- Use a vacuum sealer
How many people do these recipes serve?
Most of the recipes yield an average of 4-6 servings. We are a family of five, two adults and three children. We almost always have at least one or two servings left over.
Crockpot Recipes originally found at Mongolian Beef, Beef Stew, Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti, Thai Peanut Chicken, Sweet Potato Basil Soup, Mexican Pork Sweet Potato Stew, Cashew Chicken, Lime Garlic Chicken found in B.J.’s Wholesale Flyer.