With a newborn in the house and both boys playing soccer and hockey, homemade dinners have been put on the back burner. We’ve been eating out way too much the past couple of weeks so I decided to make another round of crockpot freezer meals. I was obsessed the crockpot freezer meals I made last winter, and I miss coming home to a warm cooked meal after spending the afternoon at the hockey rink or soccer field.
As a busy mom of three young boys these crockpot freezer meals are a huge time saver, I dedicate one afternoon to making them when the baby is down for a nap. I made 7 meals the other day, and with two of them already eaten this week, I plan to make another batch this week to stock up the freezer.
Tips for Prepping Crockpot Freezer Meals:
- Shop sales, stock up on meat, and clip coupons. I store meat in freezer in individual portions using fold top sandwich bags.
- Search & print out a variety of recipes.
- Look through your pantry and make a grocery shopping list of the ingredients needed.
- Prep meals in one setting – Take gallon zip lock bags and write the names and directions on each one in permanent marker.
- Wash/cut/slice up all the veggies. I also cut the fat off the chicken breasts & thighs, and cook the meat that needs to be pre-cooked before placing in the bags, that way it has time to cool off.
- Start filling the bags with ingredients. I usually do one at a time, but you can start with putting veggies in all the bags, then the meats, then the spices & sauces.
- Zip close. Place in freezer. If possible freezer flat, then stack on top of each other.
- When ready to use, thaw in fridge over night. Then empty contents out of the Ziploc bag and into the crock-pot.
- Different crock-pots can vary with temperature, so keep an eye out and get a feel for your crock-pot. I know I have one that used to cook at higher temps.
I have two crockpots/slow cookers and use either the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart or the Crock-Pot 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker.
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, dices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounce) red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ Tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- In a skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink ground beef. Drain & set aside and let cool.
- Once ground beef is cooled, add all ingredients into gallon-sized freezer bag.
- Zip close & place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock-pot, stir together and cook on low 6-8 hours.
Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- sesame seeds
- green onions, thinly sliced
- Mix together honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, garlic, onion and crushed red pepper. Add along with chicken into gallon-sized freezer bag.
- Zip close & place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on low 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot, pour sauce into a saucepan and heat on stove on medium heat. Mix together cornstarch and water, and add into saucepan. Stir constantly for a couple of minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and place back into crock pot with chicken.
- Serve over rice, and top with sesame seeds and green onions.
Crockpot Asian Chicken Wraps
- 2lbs ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 (8oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained & rinsed
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1½ tsp sesame oil
- Romain lettuce or wraps
- In a skillet, cook ground chicken and garlic until no longer pink, drain liquid and set aside to let cool.
- Add green pepper, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper into gallon-sized freezer bag. Add chicken once cooled and mix around.
- Zip close & place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on low 2-3 hours.
- Stir in water chestnuts, cooked rice, green onions, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve wrapped with Romaine lettuce, taco shells or wraps
Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 bottle bbq sauce
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- Add all ingredients into gallon size ziploc bag. Zip close & place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock-pot, stir together and cook on low 6-7 hours.
Crockpot Sweet & Sour Meatballs
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 (16-18oz) bottle sweet & sour sauce, or homemade
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (16oz) pkg frozen fully cooked meatballs
- Place the frozen meatballs, peppers, onions & sweet and sour sauce into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Zip close & place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on low 4 hours, during the last hour add in the pineapple.
- Serve over rice.
Crockpot Pineapple Chicken Burritos
- 1½ lbs boneless chicken breast
- ½ (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cups medium salsa
- 5-6 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 1 (10 oz) cans green enchilada sauce
- 1 cups shredded cheddar/monterey jack blend
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Place the chicken, pineapple, beans, and salsa in a gallon size ziploc freezer bag. Zip close and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Mix the chicken back into the crock pot with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix in the cooked rice.
- Fill 5-6 of the burrito tortillas. Place in in a 9×13 pan. Pour 1 can of the green enchilada sauce over the burritos.
- Top with 1 cup of the shredded cheese and place under the broiler on the middle rack until the cheese is nice and melted. About 5 minutes.
Crock Pot Tex-Mex Chicken (Tacos, Salads, Nachos)
- 2-4 boneless chicken breast
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 package taco seasoning
- Place all ingredients in gallon size freezer bag. Seal bag and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty the contents out of the bag and into crock pot. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Spread chicken over tortilla chips, tacos, burritos, or salad and top with your choice of toppings including shredded cheese, green onions, black olives, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and salsa.
Also check out our list of 30 additional Crockpot Freezer Meals.