It’s hard to believe that the summer is already over with the warm weather we’ve been having this week. The days have been getting hectic with the boys heading back to school and with the activities starting back up. Now that J is in first grade and is at school all day long we have been busy putting together fun simple snack recipes, lunches and kids desserts. We celebrated the first week of school with these yummy shark inspired snacks. They’re perfect for shark week, or any week!
The boys are big into individual servings when it comes to snacks and lunches, having their own container is a big deal. I found these small individual cups at a party store and we often fill them with quick and easy snacks including Jell-O or pudding. While I had the small individual containers, a trip to Walmart was in order to pick up the needed ingredients for our fun shark snacks, Cool Whip, yogurt, Jello-O, and of course gummy Sharks.
My sister makes a dessert pie every Christmas with Cool Whip, raspberry yogurt and raspberry Jello-O mix so I decided to change things up a bit to make it blue to resemble the water. Instead of raspberry Jell-O and yogurt we went with Berry Blue Jell-O and vanilla yogurt in order to keep the light blue color.
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 2 containers (6 oz. each) low-fat vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 3oz pkg Jell-O mix
- ½ cup Graham cracker crumbs
- Individual serving cups/dishes.
- Gummy sharks
- Optional: Parasol picks
- Dissolve Jell-O into boiling water in a medium bowl.
- Wisk in COOL WHIP and yogurt; stir until blended.
- Spoon into individual serving cups.
- Add a spoonful of graham cracker crumbs to one side
- Freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer 15 min. before serving; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly. Top with gummy sharks before serving.
What are your favorite after-school snacks?