This post is brought to you in partnership with The Motherhood & TracFone. All opinions are my own.
Mom, when can I have a phone, Emma and Dylan have one!
At first my husband and I had completely different opinions about our children and cell phones. He told my children that he would never purchase them a cell phone but when they were old enough and had a job, they could purchase one themselves, and pay monthly for it. I, on the other hand would gift one to them on their birthday or Christmas, nothing fancy, just a cell phone that I can use to get in touch with them. One that I had control over. If they wanted something fancier, than they could save their money and purchase one themselves.
Times are changing, and although I didn’t have a cell phone until high school, my children will have a cell phone years before whether they receive it as a gift or save their allowance. While it’s about being cool and fitting in with their friends, for me it is about protection and safety. We live in a time where house phones are becoming a thing of the past, and many households do not have them anymore including ours. In fact, my husband and I have been married almost 8 years and we have never paid for a land line, we simply use our cell phones. In just the last few months, there were a few instances where I wished I was able to get a hold of my son, like when the bus never dropped him off, I couldn’t get any information out of the school and couldn’t get a hold of anyone at the bus company. Panic started to set in after 30 minutes, and luckily about 10 minutes later I saw the bus coming down the street, it was a fill in driver that missed our stop and didn’t know my son was on the bus as he was too short to see over the seats and didn’t talk. Thankfully she checked the seats before leaving the bus at the bus yard!
The TracFone LG Optimus Fuel™ Android™ Smartphone and the Family Guardian parental control app is the perfect solution for families that want to purchase their child’s first cell phone but want to track and monitor their child’s cell phone usage.
LG Optimus Fuel Android Smartphone:
- No contract, no credit check, no credit card required to activate.
- Android 4.4
- 3.5″ touchscreen display
- 3 MP camera/video recorder
- 3G/WiFi capable
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 4GB microSD card (included in phone)
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Access to over 1,000,000 apps & more on Google Play
- Supports microSD memory card up to 32 GB -not included
- GPS capabilities
- Includes code to unlock free SpongeBob SquarePants content & SpongeBob SquarePants headphones
Family Guardian parental control app:
- Ability to monitor and manage child’s activities, locations and phone usage, including web browsing, app downloads, photo libraries, contacts, text messages and more.
- Access that online dashboard to view the child’s smartphone activities on any Internet enabled smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Free access for one year, a $34.99 value, is included with the TracFone LG Optimus Fuel™ Android™ smartphone
- Block certain numbers from calls/texts.
- Set limits on what time the child can make calls, browse the Internet, text, and play apps.
- Panic Alarm – child can send an alert message with their exact location to your phone
The LG Optimus Fuel™ Android™ Smartphone has all of the fun features that children will enjoy including call/texts, Internet access, ability to take pictures, and access to apps through the Google Play while parents have control over what time and how long the phone can be used for. I can remember spending countless hours on my cell phone in high school with a few 2-3am school nights because I was too occupied on my phone. I can just imagine how many late nights I would have talking with friends and texting if I had a phone in middle school.
It gives me peace of mind knowing the LG Optimus Fuel™ Android™ Smartphone is always in my son’s backpack, he knows he is not allowed to take it out during school except for emergencies but I feel better knowing that he can always get a hold of me, and I can always get a hold of him whether it’s at school, at a friend’s house, or a sporting event.
Special Holiday Pricing:
The new LG Optimus Fuel™ Android™ Smartphone, with a one year service to NQ Family Guardian™ parental control app and exclusive access to SpongeBob SquarePants content is available through 12/31 at Walmart, Target and Kroger for a special holiday price of $29.99, regularly $79.99.
Legal disclaimers: Plans and Phones sold separately. Average cost of $7/month* (*A month equals 30 days). Check coverage availability and Terms and Conditions of Service at TracFone.com. Other limitations apply.