Looking for an easy Valentine’s Day recipe? Try these Valentine’s Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels, they are easy to make and are a huge hit with not only children but adults. While you have the milk chocolate and white chocolate melted you can also dip strawberries to make chocolate covered strawberries at just a fraction of the price.
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels:
To make these easy Valentine’s Day chocolate covered pretzels you will need:
- Candy melts (can be purchased at Michael’s, AC Moore, Jo Anne Fabrics, or even Amazon ect).
- Waxed paper
- Microwave or double boiler
- Melt the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl/cup, or use the double boiler on the stove. To use the microwave, melt the chocolate in 15-20 second intervals on 50% power, mixing in between.
- Dip the pretzel into the melted chocolate and let the excess drip off
- Cover with sprinkles.
- Lay on wax paper to harden
- Once the chocolate is hard, store in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.
*If the chocolate is to thick, you can thin it out by adding a tsp of shortening in with the chocolate. Depending on the amount of chocolate you are melting, you may need to add a little more.