I’ve been craving Rice Krispies Treats all week, so I thought, why not make heart shaped Rice Krispies Treats for Valentine’s Day! The boys each got spoiled by eating one for breakfast. Chocolate for breakfast? Yes! I used to love when my dad would let us eat ice cream for breakfast, the boys were just as excited this morning to eat chocolate and sprinkles this morning!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package 10 oz., about 40 regular marshmallows
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Sprinkles / nonpareils
- Chocolate melts
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in food coloring (if desired). Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using butter spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using heart shaped cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into desired shapes.
- Heat chocolate in 30 second intervals in microwave until smoothe. Dip Rice Krispies Treat in chocolate and cover with sprinkles/nonpareils
- Let chocolate harden and serve.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2-5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
More great Valentine’s Day Food ideas:
*Recipe found on http://www.ricekrispies.com.