Make this Crockpot Chicken Tacos With Black Beans and Corn for an easy family recipe for Taco Tuesday. You can also make this Taco Chicken into a freezer meal for an effortless weeknight meal.
This chicken taco recipe is not only great to serve in hard shell or soft shell tortillas but also great for quesadillas, rice bowls, or in a salad on top of lettuce.
Crockpot Chicken Tacos with Black Bean and Corn
Dump all ingredients into the crockpot. Mix well.
Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 3-4, or until internal chicken temp reaches 165 degrees.
Tips for making Black Bean and Corn Chicken Tacos:
I find that it’s easier to remove the chicken & place on a cutting board to shred. Place back into the crockpot.
Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
- 1 14 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can corn drained
- 1 1 oz taco seasoning
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup water
- sour cream
- Place all ingredients into crock-pot and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours.
- When finished cooking, shred chicken and serve over rice, in a taco shell, with a salad, or in a wrap. Top with your choice of cheese, sour cream, avocado, lettuce, tomato.
Make into a Crockpot Freezer Meal:
Recipe makes two freezer meals.
- 2 14 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 14 oz cans corn, drained
- 1 1 oz package taco seasoning
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup water
- Split ingredients in half.
- Place all ingredients in 2 gallon-sized freezer bags. Zip close, and place in freezer.
- When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours.
- When finished cooking, shred chicken and serve over rice, with a salad,or in a wrap. Top with cheese, sour cream, avocado, lettuce, tomato.