Impress your family and friends with chocolate lasagna. This no-bake chocolate lasagna recipe is made with layers of chocolate pudding, Oreos, whipped cream and chocolate chips. A family favorite, it’s one of our most popular chocolate desserts that we make for special occasions.
What is Chocolate Lasagna?
This dessert lasagna is a whole bunch of goodness packed into one slice!
An Oreo cookie crust piled with chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and chocolate chips.
With family in town a few weeks ago, it was the perfect time to make this Chocolate Lasagna recipe. I knew if I made it any other time I’d be the one indulging in the leftovers all week long. With family in town I knew I wouldn’t have many leftovers sitting in my fridge staring at me every time I opened it.
The Chocolate Lasagna is a light dessert, perfect for hot summer days and is incredibly easy to make. You don’t have to be a good baker or need any special baking tools to make this top notch dessert.
This recipe is made with a 9×13 dish, so there’s dessert for everyone in the family. Save this irresistible treat for your next potluck or party!
Chocolate Lasagna Ingredients:
- 1 package regular Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 12oz tub Cool Whip
- 2 3.9 oz Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 3 1/4 cups milk + 2 TBSP milk
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
How to make this no bake Chocolate Lasagna:
First, we’ll start with the Oreo crust.
To make the crust, place the Oreo cookies in a food processor and blend until finely crushed. If you don’t have a food processor, place the oreo in a bag and crush. You can also use a rolling pin to break the oreos into small pieces.
Place the fine crumbs in a large bowl. Mix in 6 tablespoons melted butter.
Dump the oreo crumb mix in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and press the crumbs evenly in the bottom of the dish.
Next, make the cream cheese & cool whip layer:
Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 tablespoons of milk and sugar, mix well. Stir in 1 1/4 cup Cool Whip. Spread this cream cheese mixture over the crust.
Now it’s time for the chocolate pudding layer.
In a bowl, whisk together chocolate instant pudding with 3 1/4 cups cold milk until the chocolate pudding thickens. Use a spatula to spread the mixture evenly over the cream cheese layer.
Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up.
Finally, the topping.
Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
Place the chocolate lasagna in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
How many does a 9×13 dessert feed?
This chocolate lasagna serves between 12-15 people. Each serving size is about 1 cup.
Chocolate Lasagna Recipe Ingredient Swaps:
Graham Cracker Crust – Graham crackers mixed with melted butter
Golden Oreo Cookie Crust – Golden oreos cookies mixed with melted butter
White Chocolate Lasagna – golden oreo crust, substitute chocolate pudding for vanilla pudding, and top with white chocolate.
Oreo Lasagna: Swap out a package or both of the chocolate puddings for Oreo instant pudding.
Top with colored sprinkles to match any holiday:
- Red, White, Blue for the 4th of July
- Pastel pink, yellow, purple, blue: Spring or Easter
Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pkg regular Oreo cookies
- 6 Tablespoon butter melted
- 1- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip divided
- 2 3.9 oz pkg Chocolate Instant Pudding.
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Crush 1 package of regular Oreos until fine. Food processor works best, or place them all in a ziplock bag and crush.
- Place Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Mix in 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Place the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and press crumbs evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tbsp milk and sugar, mix well. Stir in 1 1/4 cup Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
- In a bowl, whisk together chocolate instant pudding with 3 1/4 cups cold milk until pudding thickens. Use a spatula to spread the mixture evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
This super easy no-bake chocolate treat is sure to be a favorite and will leave your friends and family asking for the recipe.
It’s served cool – right from the fridge (or freezer)- a perfect chocolate dessert for those warm summer days.
If you like this dessert lasagna, you’ll love our other easy dessert recipes: