37 Easy Crock Pot Freezer Meals

Get a jump on your meal planning with some of our favorite quick, easy, and delicious crock pot freezer recipes for chicken, beef, pork, soups, chili, and more. These easy crock pot freezer meals will simply dinner time.

Easy crock pot freezer meals have been a huge time saver the past few months, and are a busy mom’s best friend especially on school nights that are filled with sports. I can easily take one out of the freezer, let it thaw overnight and empty it into the crock-pot the following morning. By dinner time we have a warm home cooked meal without having to worry about what to make, spending an hour prepping and cooking, and best of all – minimal mess to clean up.

Knowing that I already have a crock pot meal prepped in the freezer has allowed me additional time to spend with the kids after they get home from school, and we also now eat out less, since we already have a meal prepped/planned.

Looking for a quick, easy and delicious meal? Over 35 easy crock pot freezer meals that include a printable recipes. #crockpot #slowcooker

Looking for a quick, easy and delicious meal? Find over 35 easy crock pot freezer meals that include a printable recipes.

Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:

Savory Pepper Steak

Mongolian Beef

Beef Stroganoff

Beef Stew

Crock Pot Vegetarian Recipes:

Sweet Potato Basil Soup

What are some of your favorite easy crock pot recipes?

1. Elena says:

Great recipes! Thanks for sharing!

2. Elgie Hopkins says:

I would love all of your recipes that you have listed above! I love using the crock pot and anything new is great especially when it has been tested!!

3. Kathy says:

pure genius! All sound fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

4. Becky Crout says:

Please advise as to how to obtain all of the recipes listed. Thanks!

• Kari says:

Hi Becky, just click on the meal of choice and it will redirect you to the recipe page.

5. Lisa says:

and not one vegetarian option…

• Kari says:

Hi Lisa, these are recipes that our family eats, we are not vegetarians therefore do not have any vegetarian options.

• Leesa says:

Kari, they are wonderful recipes. We aren’t vegetarians either; if I were I am sure that I would just substitute in vegan options. wow.

I use my crockpot every week, I would be lost without it and I often make too much food and freeze it for a later date. This seems like a better alternative along the same lines. Thanks for sharing!

• MaryKay says:

Wow, how entitled can you be?

• Maybe MaryKay can come up with her own vegetarain recipes, For those of us who aren’t vegetarain, we appreciate the recipes!

• BJ Mors says:

HUH??? It is a choice, not being “entitled”. Some of us choose to be meat eaters, just as some choose to be vegetarians. We enjoy all the flavors and textures and food that God gave us.

• Kat says:

Lisa , where do get the right to make such an ignorant comment to Kari.? If you don’t find recipes to your liking that Kari worked do hard post , find another website. You seem to be the person who that acts “entitled”. I would suggest you help by developing vegan recipes using this wonderful idea to save time on prep work and cooking, but then that would be too much like work.

• Nancy says:

Really ? How is that entitled ? Her family doesn’t eat vegetarian meals. This is pretty straight forward. She’s sharing HER meals.

• Michele says:

I just came across this page and had to comment. Many of these recipes sound great.

Why is it the page owner’s responsibility to provide you with vegetarian recipes? If nothing looks or sounds good, then move on. Your reply “Wow, how entitled can you be” is ridiculous. YOU are the one acting entitled thinking it’s up to them to provide you with special recipes.

• Jesse says:

Pretty sure “Wow, how entitled can you be” is directed at the person (Lisa) who was commenting on the lack of vegetarian options. I think both you and MaryKay share the same sentiment (that Kari needn’t provide vegetarian meals), but you may have misdirected yours.

• Sonya says:

Michele, the “how entitled can you be?” was directed to the person looking for vegetarian recipes. The commenter shares the same view as you do 🙂 That this site is great, and the recipes sound delish! Thanks for sharing, Kari!!

• Dominique says:

LOL! Michele – I think you directed your comment at the wrong person. The lady who said “wow, how entitled can you be?” was commenting on the woman who COMPLAINED that there were no vegetarian options.
          Great you’re willing to defend the carnivores, but make sure you’re defending the right person. 🙂

• Michele says:

Dominique…I’m sorry. My mistake. 🙂

• Annette says:

Where is the like button? I agree totally with you Michelle! Love these recipes, just put 6 in the freezer! I work 12hrs shifts, these will come in very handy. Thank you

• Heidi says:

You could easily make them vegetarian by omitting the meat and adding extra veggies. Kari, has taken a lot of time to put recipes together for us, any of them can be changed to our liking, ALL of them are great the way they are or just as a base for a new idea.

• Tausha says:

Seriously? Just substitute extra veggies or tofu… If you are a vegetarian you should know how to substitute!

• Heather says:

Just figure out some substitutions and use her recipes for the flavor they give.

6. Jessica says:

I can not get the recipe for the Cheesy Chicken Potato & Broccoli to open.

7. nancy says:

I can not open any of the recipes listed by clicking on them?

8. Mikki says:

Thank you so much for posting these! I am beginning my student teaching in January and can’t wait to use these! It will be a God send!!

9. Melissa says:

I took all your recipes and made them Gluten/Dairy/Soy free. Message me if you want a copy.

• Jenny says:

I’d love those recipes, if you don’t mind. Jennysmith428@gmail.com. Thanks!

• Crystal says:

I would love to have the dairy free versions.

• Patty says:

Hi Melissa,
      I would love copies of your gluten-free crockpot recipes! Could you tell me where to look for them? Or email me them? Thanks so much!

• Shay says:

Please would you be willing to share the recipes you converted? I’d be interested in trying them.

• Tammy says:

I would be VERY interested in seeing your adjustments to the recipes which make them gluten and dairy free.

• Nicole says:

Hi Melissa I am interested in getting a copy of the list you created the Gluten/Dairy/Soy free versions of these recipes. Thanks!

• Tammy says:

Please send me a list of your Gluten Free versions.

Much appreciated!

• Kim says:

I made them gluten and dairy free as well 🙂

• Michael B says:

I would love the gluten free versions! Please send them if you don’t mind.

• Luann says:

I would love to have the gluten-dairy-soy free recipes please!!!

10. Mary Jo says:

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful collection of tried and true recipes – priceless! I’ve printed them all out and am going to sit down and compile my shopping list so that I can make all of these for my two, very busy daughters as a Christmas gift. Hope they love them 🙂 Happy holidays and thank you , thank you, thank you. (Might have to toss several into my own freezer…)

• Brian's Mom says:

what a great idea Mary Jo!

• Celestel says:

That is a fantastic idea. How did they like it?

• Jennifer McDonald says:

What a great idea to give them as gifts! I am going to make a dozen of these this weekend, but it would be even better to have someone else put them together for me.

• majorie says:

Thanks Mary Jo for that idea. Think I may do that for my sisters since I tried them and they are great.

• Dusty says:

What a sweet idea. I hope your daughters enjoyed their Christmas gifts.

11. sara k says:

just did up 6 of these for the coming week. i can’t wait to see how they turn out. wish i would have thought of this. will follow after we try them . took me all of 45 min to take care of dinner for the week.

12. Tammy says:

I really want to try these recipes but I was concerned on how the raw veggies hold up in the freezer. How long do they last in the freezer? I would love to be able to do more than a weeks worth as its hard on me to cook everyday due to me having fibromyalgia and RA in my knees. I think this would help me and my family so much. Thanks so much for posting them and I look forward to seeing new one.

• Kari says:

Hi Tammy, we eat them within a month so I’m not sure exactly how long they last.

• Katie says:

These recipes have a freezer length of 3-4 months. I do once a month cooking, where I shop and prep one day and have 28 meals for the remainder of the month. We add fresh vegetables like a salad and fresh fruit so that I do not have to shop that often. It has cut way back on our food budget.

• carolynn says:

I have had vegetables frozen for more than a month….I slice them fairly thin…carrots, fresh beets, potatoes…this way they freeze quickly to preserve their quality.

• samantha rupkus says:

If you [blanch] boil the vegetables for three minutes, then stick them in ice cold water to shock them for three minutes before freezing them it will kill off bacteria on them including the bacteria that causes them to break down over time, they will last up to six months from the point of freeze

13. Jeannie says:

Got em all to open and print. Made my list of items and heading to the store shortly.. I hate cooking for the most part but my crew loves to eat so we eat out a LOT. We’re also on the go a lot so this will save me time and money and I only have to work at cooking when I want to. GREAT site!!! Thanks soooo very much!!

14. Bea says:

Thanks for sharing. I am having gastric bypass surgery Dec 10th. Can’t wait to try these when I start my new life on regular food. My meals have to be high protein low carb and sounds like a lot of these are.

15. Kathy says:

Thank you. Thank you, Thank you. I think you should be put up.for sainthood. Or at the very least, nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize because you have helped many homes avoid the what’s for dinner nightly fights.

16. Luann says:

Thank you so much Kari! Can’t wait to get started on these meals.

17. Ricki says:

Just did this. Took me 1 hr. So psyched. I think this is also very budget friendly. I bought everything at whole foods. Cost me $200. $20/meal for organic food. Can’t beat it. Thanks.

18. BJ Mors says:

Wonderful, so glad I happened upon this blog.

19. Heather says:

I have tried 4 of these recipes this week and they are wonderful! For once I feel like a chef and am cooking at home for once without being tied up in the kitchen. Thanks so much for your ideas, please keep the recipes coming!

20. dawn granger says:

I love this idea! Thank you for sharing. I can’t wait to try these recipes.

21. Adelle says:

Love this page! Thank you so much.

22. Stephanie says:

Thank you very much for sharing your recipes. I work full time, full time student, full time mom and wife! This is going to be very helpful.

23. Stacy says:

Thank you so much I have made three of them and my family loves them

24. elaine says:

looking forward to posts by email…thanks

25. Tammy says:

A friend of mine just suggested this website to me and I’m so excited to try so many of these recipes! Thank you for providing this website and all these wonderful suggestions!

26. lori says:

Hi there. Not to be dense, but the beef/chicken goes into the bags UNfrozen? Then bags go to freezer. Problem is, most of the chicken I buy is already frozen, how would that work? Thanks. I think this idea is revolutionary for single working mothers with VERY busy families!!!

• Kari says:

Hi Lori, you can place frozen chicken breasts into the bag, once you have all of the other ingredients inside, and then put it back into the freezer.

27. Sharon says:

Thanks for the great ideas, no more “what,s for dinner”

28. Jenny says:

I have done this for hubby before when he worked away for home. I never thought to do it for us as a family. Thanks so much for taking the time to share this with us.

29. Danielle says:

Just discovered you via a FB share & totally love your work! Single mummy of 3 kids here and my mum was always organised and did massive cook ups on the weekends and fill the freezer with meals that could just be zapped in the microwave to heat up. But this is better, as they are ready prepared and just need cooking – no need to reheat !

30. Amber says:

Wow what a great idea! Just prepare and throw it all in a freezer bag! Wow great idea! Now Daddy can cook for the kiddos when Mommy is working!

Thanks for sharing!!

31. Richard says:

My wife and I just prepared meals for the entire month! I can’t wait to try these. They were fun to prepare together and it only took 2 hours perpetration for the entire month. Thanks so much for sharing these. 🙂

32. Leanne says:

I am also a gastric bypass patient (3.5yrs) & I will definitely be making alot of these!
    Wish I found this site before and been able to make some dinners for next week, I am having surgery on monday. Maybe I may get some time with my work schedule between now and sunday

33. Dextina says:

PLEASE HELP. I think all of these ideas are great but id had a question is there a particular brand of brand of bag you use? I’m afraid if I do this with the wrong brand it will spill all over before it would have the chance to freeze. Thank you for your help, I plan on doing this over the weekend

• Kari says:

No particular brand, I usually get the Ziplock Freezer bags though.

34. nikki says:

nice job…a woman after my own heart…thank you for sharing all your hard work. will def enjoy trying some of these recipes. we do something very similar around here (have to cook huge volumes for my son on a special diet).

might I suggest that people buy one of those foodsavers to vacuum seal their meals…food will last a very long time that way (always freeze the meal before sucking down the bag…I put the ingredients in a square or rectangle freezer proof dish..then you push out when frozen and stick in the sucker bag…that way when you suck down the bag it is a stackable brick).

another time saver is to take one of these recipes and make 4 times the amount and…that way you are only slicing and dicing once for the same meal…saves prep and clean up time.

35. sue says:

Do you cut the meat up into pieces when using 1-2 lbs of pork loin or chicken breast? If so, how small?

• Kari says:

Hi Sue, no I do not cut it up. Only after it is done cooking.

36. Amanda says:

I can’t use your website because ads with no close button cover the page.

• Kari says:

Hi Amanda, sorry. Working on getting that tablet/smartphone view fixed and should have a whole new design within the next couple of days.

37. sandra says:

I love all the choices! I picked my top 8 and made 14 freezer meals today ! Some of which I made doubles its great I dont have to cook anything just chop, seperate and bag. Thanks so much

38. RachelE says:

Thank you so much for these I can’t wait to try them! Does anyone have an estimation of how much the grocery list for these costs? Thanks again!

39. Kari says:

I am assuming I can use reusable freezer storage containers (like the Ziploc boxes) for these . . . I am still very new to cooking for a family (which is now one of four), and brand new to freezing meals. So, I wanted to ask about the containers, just to be on the safe side. I’d just rather avoid having to buy bags if I can.

I can’t wait to try all these recipes!

40. Robbin says:

I just prepared the shopping list. 3 of my friends are coming over on Thursday and we are all going to prepare the 10 meals you recently posted. We are super excited and can’t wait to actually try them out.

Thanks for sharing this great idea with us!

41. Terri says:

Love the recipe ideas! My mom and sister-in-law are coming over to prepare the meals assembly line style. Then we’ll each have meals to take home for a couple months. I copied and pasted the instructions onto 2″X4″ labels to stick right on the Ziploc bags. It will make it neater and save time on prep day. What size crock pot do you recommend? Thank you!

• Terri says:

We ended up making 4 sets of 10 meals (3 beef, 3 pork, 4 chicken). It took 3 of us about 6 hours to finish. The total cost was $400, so $10 a bag. I bought the meat at Sam’s, veggies at Sprouts, and canned goods at a regular grocery store. The labels worked great. It saved a lot of time from using a Sharpie on every bag.

42. Tina says:

I love this way of cooking for my family. But I was wondering if you have any hamburger crock pot freeze recipes. Thank you so much for sharing!

43. Cary says:

This is a great idea! I am a nurse and work 12 hour shifts. My husband is a very busy IT business owner. On the days that I work if something does not get done in the crock pot we are usually winging it or eating fast food. I have been using my crock pot consistently about once a week for years. But thanks to your recipes you have helped me step up my game! So far we have tried the Pork Carnitas and made burritos with it, Nacho Chicken and made taco salad, and the BBQ Pork Spareribs. All of these were a big hit. Yesterday my mom and a good friend of mine came over and we each put together 6 of your meals for our families. We knocked out 18 meals in 2 hours! It was a ton of fun. Thanks for sharing your recipes!

44. Julie says:

We tried the BBQ Cranberry Chicken tonight. Delicious!

45. Tina says:

Thanks for these! I put 3 of them together Saturday afternoon & will try others soon. Regarding freezer bags… I recommend using a “good” brand such as Glad or Ziplock. I froze some chicken broth awhile back & as I was thawing the bag Saturday, I discovered a couple of leaks. I think the bag was one from a generic box.

46. Linda B. says:

Just wanted to thank you for the fabulous recipes and for spending your time making our lives easier. My Mom and I spent 4 hours a couple Sundays ago preparing all of these, doubling a few, so that I have 30 days of dinners in my freezer. It has made such a wonderful difference in the health and decisions of our dinners. My teenage daughters love to go thru the list and pick out the next nights dinner. And there’s no arguing! Thank you so very much!!!!

47. PAMELA WALLIS says:

love the thought, but with only two for meals, (and seniors at that) we end up eating several nights in a row….no fun..i did cut one in half, and it worked great….so thank you very much……

48. Crystal says:

A friend shared a link to these on FB and I made my grocery list that night. I went to the store and got everything on my list, spent 2 hours in the kitchen cooking, chopping and bagging and in the end I had 15 meals ready for the freezer. We have two teenage daughters with busy schedules, and then also have busy lives with work, and church and friends, so these really have been a life saver for us. Also a huge COST saver… before when we would be tired after a long day it was just too easy to go through the drive through or pick up Chinese. I love that no matter how tired I am when I get home, the most I really have to do is boil water for noodles or turn on the rice cooker because everything else is done! And they really are delicious. So far we have enjoyed every meal, a few more than the others, and there is one that we wont make again… we didn’t hate it, but in the end we decided it just wasn’t our taste. But it might be yours, so try them all! Thank you so much for posting these, there are definitely a lot of flavor combinations I wouldn’t have thought to try before finding these.

49. Steph says:

These are amazing! Just wondering (Sorry if you posted it somewhere) What the serving size is for these?

I can’t wait to try these out, I am less then a week post partum after a csection with a preemie baby and with a 4 year old girl at home. Life is very busy I cant keep up anymore! I wish I could just hug you for these!

50. Kari,
    I love these ideas. I am working on a ministry project to teach people how to wisely use the resources they are provided, many times from the food pantry. I’m going to tweak and cost out some of the recipes to see if I can use them in my class. I’m shooting for meals that cost out about the $1.00 per serving range. Many of these may just qualify. In addition, I’m looking at things that use items they might be given at the food pantries. I think I can adjust these recipes a bit to accomplish that. I’m trying to record my journey on my blog. Would it be ok if I posted some of these ideas there? I will be sure and give the credit back to you. Thanks.

51. Melissa says:

Thank you so much for posting these recipes! They have made the life of a busy working mom much easier. I cook a lot and was worried about the taste of frozen meals but they are all wonderful. I will make all of them again as they are easy, flavourful and inexpensive. Thank you again for making my weeknight meals stress free. I am telling everyone I know about your site. You rock!!!

52. Debby says:

I’m so glad I found this website via Facebook. I work an hour from home and these recipes gave been a God send. There is a warm, hearty meal waiting for me and my family when I get home now. I have even shared this with women I work with and ride the bus with. They have all praised this site AND the recipes. Thank you again.

53. Sharon says:

Thanks for a wonderful array of meals to try. I intend to try the majority of them mixed wih a number of freezer/crock meals in some of your other posts.

54. Lisa says:

I have made a bunch of these crockpot freezer meals and they have all been DELICIOUS!!! It has made my life so much easier to have these on hand and we are eating healthier as a result. thank you for posting these, what a fabulous site, I will spread the word.

55. Karen Francis says:

We love your crock pot meals. They have made my life so much easier, You know there good when my picky little eaters eat them. 🙂 I keep looking for more of these incredible meals. Keep posting!

56. Carol Chase says:

Your recipes are wonderful, thanks for posting such a great way to be unstressed when we are so busy working, taking care if children and household chores. Love crock pot meals too.

57. Batman says:

You can’t imagine how helpful these recipes have been for me, I and the city of Gotham will forever be in your debt for providing the recipes this city deserves.

58. Sherri S says:

Is there any reason why I couldn’t double bag these meals? First in a slow cooker bag, then slip into a gallon size zippered freezer bag? When using put thawed slow cooker bag into the slow cooker for heating. When done eating all the goodness, just discard the cooking bag? Much easier clean-up!

• Michele says:

I never thought about that. What a great idea!!!

59. C-Pam says:

Darn my boyfriend for being a vegetarian. So many of these recipes look delicious, but we’ll see what happens if we replace the meat… Thai Peanut Fake Meat Chicken – here we come!

60. ms melanie says:

I printed out grocery list. Set off to purchase food. The last two month I have made these all up. I am celiac so I replaced all flour with corn starch, used LA Choy stir fry teriyaki sauce for soy sauce,and other little tweeks. We love this! Exhausting doing the shopping and meals all in one evening , but, well worth it! Please repost your shopping list for those who might have missed. Thank you!

61. Amber says:

Thanks for adding these easy crock pot meals. I am a very busy mom and my family loves them! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

62. I’ve tried a handful of these recipes and LOVED them. Thanks for sharing, I look forward to trying the rest. Freezer meals are my favorite.

63. Dawn says:

Love these! Thank u so much for sharing!

64. Dandi D says:

We are expecting our little one soon, so these kind of meals would be really helpful.

65. Dandi D says:

I’d really like to try some of these for my husband to make when our baby comes.