Looking for an easy family dinner or a chili recipe for game day? Wow your guests with this Chicken Chili. This Southwest Chicken Chili can be tossed together first thing in the morning and left to cook in the slow cooker all day. You can even prep ahead of time and and put in the freezer for when you need it.
What you’ll need to make Southwestern Chicken Chili
1.5 lbs boneless chicken breast
3 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
2 cups medium salsa
1 14.5 can corn
2 14.5 cans black beans
1 packet ranch seasoning
1 packet taco seasoning
Optional toppings – cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips
How to make Chicken Chili in the Slow Cooker
Combine all of the ingredients in the crock-pot. Cook on low 4-5 hours or until internal temp reaches at least 165 degrees.
Remove chicken from the crock pot and shred. Place chicken back in crock pot and stir.
Serve with desired toppings.
Make this Slow Cooker Chicken Chili a freezer meal.
Place all ingredients in a zip-lock bag. Zip close and place into freezer. When ready to use, empty contents into your slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Southwest Chicken Chili
- 1½ lbs boneless chicken breast
- 3 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups medium salsa
- 1 14.5 oz can corn, undrained
- 2 14.5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Toppings - cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips ect
- Combine all of the ingredients in a gallon-sized freezer bag. Zip close and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred. Place chicken back in crock pot and stir.
- Serve with desired toppings.