Cheesy Sausage Pasta is a quick and easy family loved recipe that is made with incredibly simple ingredients. This easy smoked sausage pasta cooks in one pan and is ready to serve in 30 minutes!
With hockey season in full swing, our weekends and afternoons have been jam-packed. By the time work, school, and activities are over for the day, I’m ready to sit down and relax.
I’ve become a big fan of the one pot recipes. One pan meals are usually quick and easy, perfect for busy school nights. Since they are made in one dish there’s little mess to clean up.
The Best Cheesy Sausage Pasta
I made this one pan cheesy smoked sausage and pasta last week and it turned out great. Quick and easy, it’s one of the best sausage pasta recipes around.
This simple recipe is made with ingredients that you most likely already have at home.
- smoked sausage
- uncooked Bow-Tie pasta
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Half & Half – being a New Englander, I typically reach for Hood
- vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- garlic cloves
- olive oil
What kind of smoked sausage can I use?
Hillshire Farms or Johnsonville are available in smoked sausage links and can be found at most major retailers.
How to make the Cheesy Sausage Pasta
Prepare the smoked sausage: Cut the links into ¼ in slices.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and sausage and cook until onions are lightly brown, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
Add vegetable stock, Ro-Tel, half & half, uncooked pasta, and salt & pepper (to taste)
Bring mixture to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked. Turn on broiler.
Mix in 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese
Sprinkle with remaining cheese and place under broiler for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
This easy smoked sausage pasta is a flavorful dinner, perfect for busy weeknights. It’s easy to substitute or add in more ingredients to your family’s preference. Choose rigatoni noodles, penne, or whatever pasta you have in the cabinet.
Cheesy Smoked Sausage Pasta Variations:
Spicy Sausage Pasta, chose hot Ro-tel instead of original or mild Ro-Tel
Substitute Ro-tel for diced tomatoes, drained.
Cheesy Sausage Rigatoni – made with rigatoni instead of bow-tie pasta.S
Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for a slight kick
Use Cheddar cheese
Cheesy Sausage Pasta
- 1 pkg smoked sausage cut into 1/4 in slices
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Hood Half & Half
- 1 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can Ro-Tel
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Heat oil in large oven safe pan. Add onion & smoked sausage and cook until brown, about 5 minutes
- Add garlic, and cook for additional 30 seconds.
- Add vegetable stock, Ro-Tel, Half & Half, uncooked pasta, and salt & pepper (optional)
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on low for 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Turn on broiler.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of Monterrey Jack cheese
- Sprinkle with remaining f cheese and place under broiler for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted and browning.