The Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken with green beans and potatoes is an easy low cost family dinner. This one pan chicken and veggies recipe takes very little time to prep and requires little cleanup as it is baked in one dish.
Coming up with healthy recipes has always been difficult for me. I’ve never been one to watch what I eat and I tend to just grab what I’m craving and don’t think about it twice. As we try to incorporate healthier options into our diet, I have been searching for easy one dish dinners where I can just dump everything in to one pan and cook. Chicken is one of my go-to meats as it often cheap, lean, and is a good source of protein. While my husband prefers red meat, I’d be perfectly happy with chicken for dinner every night of the week.
Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken with Green Beans
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound green beans
- 8 small red potatoes quartered
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat a 13x9 glass baking dish with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Lay the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish.
- Add the green beans on top of the lemon slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the potatoes in the olive oil mixture then arrange potatoes along the inside edge of the dish on top of the green beans. Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive oil mixture and place in the center of the dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
As a busy mom of two little boys, I’m all for these one dish dinners. There’s very little measuring involved and I only need to dirty one dish. Less cleanup = one happy mom.