The boys look forward to is helping me bake, not only do they love making a mess mixing ingredients but they love devouring the finished product. Besides dinner, one day a week we like to make one new dessert recipe. After looking for a Chocolate Chip Cupcake recipe, I decided on one that I found at My Baking Addiction. Instead of the usual butter-cream frosting that I make for cupcakes we deiced to use Chocolate Cool Whip Frosting topped with chocolate sprinkles, as you can tell our family loves chocolate! Growing up I used to always hate the sugary frosting on cakes made at the grocery store, I used to always request whipped topping so I was excited to see a new Cool Whip Chocolate Frosting available from Kraft.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a separate bowl mix together cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each, mix in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour. Gently add in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into baking cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
This Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe was so delicious and I loved the cool creamy texture of the cool whip frosting. I’m thinking about using it to make a triffle this week. Chocolate heaven!