The Britax Frontier 85 can be used forward facing only in harness mode when the child reaches at least 2 years and 25 pounds, and can be used up to 85 pounds. Once the child outgrows the harness mode you can convert it to a belt-positioning booster that can accommodate a child up to 120 pounds.
More about the Britax Frontier
- True Side Impact Protection distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, contains the head and body, and keeps the head, neck and spine “in true” or aligned, to limit injury.
- Highest Five-Point Harness Seat Capacity allows your child to remain harnessed up to 85 lbs or in booster mode to 120 lbs.
- Quick-Adjust Harness repositions the harness shoulder height without disassembling the harness straps.
- Plush, Premium Cover Set with thick, underlying comfort foam provides extra comfort, encouraging your child to stay in the proper position.
- Tangle Free, Five-Point Harness with 10 harness height positions (up to 20″) and three buckle positions for a snug and secure fit as your child grows.
- Armrests help provide a secure fit and a comfortable place to rest tired arms.
- Durable and Washable Cover in mature fashions for the growing child
- Harness-2-Booster converts to a belt-positioning booster seat
- Certified for Aircraft Travel in Harness Mode
- Made in the USA with global component
Energy-Absorbing Foam Liner & Base:
The energy-absorbing foam liner absorbs and distributes crash forces. The energy-absorbing base deforms in the event of a crash to absorb impact forces.
Five Point Harness:
The Frontier 85 comes with a five-point tangle free harness that has 10 harness height positions (up to 20″) and three buckle positions for a snug and secure fit as your child grows.
Quick Adjust Harness:
I love the quick adjust harness on the Britax Frontier, and hopefully one day all car seats will have this great feature one day. The quick adjust harness system allows you to change the height of the harness straps without having to detach the straps from the metal yoke on the back of the seat, re-thread them through a new slot and then struggle to reattach them to the metal yoke. You simply lift the lever on the back of the seat and can slide it up and down to adjust the harness height. Not only is this feature great because it makes the straps easy to adjust as Little Man grows, but if we happen to need the car seat for Baby Boy or a family friend, I can easily adjust the straps in seconds instead of having to disconnect the straps and having to thread them through a different slot.
High Density Comfort Foam & Plush Premium Car Seat Cover:
Since we travel often, it is important that the boys have a car seat that they are comfortable in. The high density foam in the Frontier 85 provides an extra layer of padding that gently cushions your child. The plush, premium car seat cover is thick to provides extra comfort.
Although cup holders are not a necessity in a car seat they sure do come in handy. Little Man loves having a cup holder on his car seat and since we travel frequently to visit family, I enjoy it also. I no longer have to worry about him spilling his juice when he stores it in between his legs and I don’t have to constantly reach back to grab his cup when he is finished drinking.
When your child outgrows the harness mode, you can easily convert to a belt-positioning booster seat.I was surprised at how easy the Frontier 85 was to adjust to Little Man’s size, I really liked the Quick Adjust Harness. It was easy to install in the Yukon, and we were able to get a secure fit after we put the headrests down. Little Man loves his new car seat, and since he has another 90 lbs to go before the weight limit, we will be using it for many years to come.
Buy It: You can purchase the Britax Frontier for $279.99 at a variety of retailers including Babies R Us.