Book your stay at the Camelback Resort, your family friendly destination all year long. From winter skiing on Camelback Mountain to the indoor water park, ropes course, arcades and mini golf – your adventure awaits in PA!
Every summer we travel from the east coast to Michigan, and every time the kids and I do not look forward to the 15 hour drive. But this year was different, we decided to stop half way and start our vacation off at the Camelback Mountain Resort, located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains. While the kids knew that we would be staying at the Camelback Resort, they thought it just an ordinary hotel.
Seeing their eyes light up when they spotted indoor waterpark, the video games, and indoor ropes course was priceless. My husband is often left out when it comes to visiting attractions due to his work schedule, so it was great to experience this year-round destination as a family.
Camelback Resort – Lodge and Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark
Located in Tannersville, PA.
The eight-story Camelback Lodge is located at the base of Camelback Mountain and transforms the Camelback Resort, which is widely known for skiing in the winter, into a year-round family friendly destination with the addition of Aquatopia. Aquatopia is one of the best indoor water parks in PA. The Camelback indoor water park is the largest indoor water park in the Northeast with seven pools and 13 waterslides. Families will enjoy soaking up the sun indoors at a comfortable 84-degrees with plenty of water fun for adults, teenagers, as well as toddlers.
The theme ofCamelback Resort is based off of the adventures of Kartrite Van Der Berris.
Kartrite Van Der Berris, the legendary explorer, having traveled the world over, came upon Camelback Mountain on one of his frequent expeditions to the Pocono Mountains and envisioned a grand lodge at the base of its peak, filled with wonders from the corners of the Earth. Here visitors would stay and experience the splendor of the mountain year-round in a lodge with a blend of rustic craftsman style and contemporary finishes, and at its core, an awe-inspiring indoor water park named Aquatopia, filled with the relics and treasures from his worldly travels.
Camelback Indoor Water Park:
- 7 pools and 13 waterslides.
- Storm Chaser- the longest gravity-defying uphill water coaster to exist in any indoor waterpark in the U.S.
- Venus SlydeTrap- a world-premiere attraction that combines three exhilarating waterslide experiences in one.
- The Lost River- the lazy river is a dark, adventure river experience with LED underwater and theatrical lighting.
- Kartrite’s Quest- the world’s first ‘Next Generation’ fully themed and immersive multi-level exploration AquaPlay structure. 84 interactive water effects that include bubbler and geyser jets, pull ropes,tipping cones, water guns, plunger jets, water wheels, water cannons and more
- The Great Ka-Na-Gawa Wavepool – the wave pool has zero-depth entry to six feet deep.
- Bombora FlowRider surfing simulator – For beginners or more advanced riders. 42ʺ″ height requirement for Boogie Board; 52ʺ″ for stand up FlowBoarding.
- Swim up bar – 21 and older only area.
- Colonial Commons- quick service restaurant located inside the water park area. Americana-themed eatery offering burgers, hot dogs, fries, pizza and cold beverages.
*Towels are provided, life jackets are available for use and lockers are also available for rental inside the Camelback water park.
In addition to the 125,000 sq foot indoor waterpark, there is plenty to do including the Camelback ropes course, mini golf, laser tag, and over 100 arcade games. Two mountain adventures have been added to Camelback Resort since our visit, the mountain coaster and snow tubing.
- Arcadia Family Adventure Center – two levels of themed activities including over 100 video, interactive and ticket redemption games.
- The Ascent – A vertical rock climbing wall
- K2 Klimb – Indoor ropes courses for adults and kids
- Meh-Tah’s Mini Golf
- Lazer Runner – black light laser tag
- Polka Dot Pots – paint your own pottery
- Kartrite’s Kids Quest – a themed soft play area for the littlest of adventurers.
- Oasis Kids Spa– manicures and pedicures to the youngest of guests
- Serenity Spa and Fitness Centre
Dining options at the Camelback Resort:
There are three sit-down restaurants located within the Camelback Mountain Resort including:
- Hemispheres- offering family meals and ambiance.
- Neptunes – a maritime-themed lobby pub serving soup, salad, sushi and more.
- Trails End Pub & Grille.
Double Queen Suite Review:
Double Queen Suite Features:
- 2 Queen Beds
- 1 Queen Sofa Sleeper
- Snack-size Refrigerator
- Iron & Ironing Board
- In-room Safe
While there are restaurants and snack bars available on site for meals and beverages, all guest rooms include a snack-size refrigerator as well as a microwave that allows families to bring their own meals, as well as reheat previous meals. We used our Camelback Resort Amenity Credit to purchase a pizza, and combined with the coupon for buy 1 pizza, get 1 free, we had leftovers pizza to reheat. We also brought along drinks, as well yogurt and milk for cereal for breakfast and had plenty of room in the fridge to keep them all cold.
While most of our stay out spent in the indoor waterpark area, we did take a break from swimming and water slides to visit Arcadia Adventures where the kids played arcade games and challenged their inner self balancing on beams on the indoor ropes course. The staff was more than accommodating to Jonathan who was scared to cross the ropes course. With their encouragement and one-on-one assistance, he overcame his fear and then didn’t want to get down.
Although checkout is at 11am, you can continue to use the Camelback Resort indoor water park as well as the other amenities for the remainder of the day. There are changing rooms in the indoor water park area, as well as lockers. With the snack bar located right in side the water park area, you can pack up your vehicle and spend the day by the water, or down the street at CamelBeach Mountain Waterpark.
Aquatopia admission is included with your stay at Camelback Lodge & Indoor Waterpark.
Book Your Stay & Receive Over $200 in Discounts!
Book your stay at Camelback Lodge & Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark by Labor Day – September 7, 2015 and receive a booklet with over $200 in discounts and deals to make your stay even more memorable.
Use Online Promo Code: GOPEN or call (855) 515-1283
Camelback Resort Coupons:
To keep up with the latest Camelback deals & Aquatopia coupons, sign up for the Camelback Resort Newsletter and Groupon.
* Complementary stay provided.