Some weeks I’m more organized then others, but if there is one thing in our house that I slack on it’s mealtime. I’ll go into my spurts when I’ll fill the freezer with crock-pot freezer meals, but once they are gone it sometimes takes me a month or two to stock the freezer again. Menu plans always work for a couple months, but then life will get busy, and those get put on the back burner as well. In an effort to start having more home cooked meals, I’m once again making a list of recipes to make. We’ve had these Crock-Pot Smothered Chicken Legs a few times, and they’ve always been a hit with the kids so to change things up I decided to toss them in the oven instead of the crock-pot.
Smothered Chicken Legs:
- 1 – 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 6- 8 red potatoes, cubes
- 1 large Vidalia onion, sliced
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon pepper or black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 chicken legs - (I prefer skin removed)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Coat potatoes in 2 TB olive oil, place in baking dish
- Layer with onions, carrots & petite diced tomatoes
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the seasoning & flour, add 3 TB olive oil & mix well.
- Rub the chicken legs with the seasoning mixture and add them to the dish.
- Bake for 1 hour. Check to see if chicken is done & potatoes are tender.
Preheat oven to 375F.
Coat cubed potatoes in 2 TB olive oil, place in baking dish.
Layer with onions, carrots & petite diced tomatoes.
In a medium bowl mix together garlic powder, minced onion, salt, pepper, paprika, flour. Add 3 TBSP of olive oil & mix well. Rub the chicken legs with the seasoning mixture and add them to the dish.
Bake for about 1 hour. Check to see if chicken is done & potatoes are tender.