Last month I decided to try out meal planning using crock pot freezer meals. The crock pot freezer meals were a huge success and made dinner time so much easier, I didn’t have to deal with looking through the cabinet and fridge wondering what I would cook for dinner, I could just take out a previously prepped crock pot meal, thaw it out in the fridge over night and plop in the the crock pot the next morning. By dinner time we had a hot cooked meal ready without the stress of running around the kitchen making dinner, and little to no mess to clean up.
We enjoyed trying out the five easy crock pot recipes that I made last month, but decided to give some new recipes a try. After searching Google and Pinterest I decided on 8 different crock pot freezer recipes. All these recipes feed our family of 4, 2 adults 2 children, usually with at least one serving leftover – great for lunch the following day. You can always add in more veggies/meat to customize for your family.
Tips for Prepping Easy Crock Pot Freezer Meals:
- Search & print out recipes.
- Make a grocery shopping list of the ingredients needed.
- Prep meals in one setting – Take gallon zip lock bags and write the names and directions on each one in permanent marker.
- Lay everything out on the counter, wash/cut/slice up all the veggies. I also cut the fat off the chicken breasts & thighs.
- Start filling the bags with ingredients. I usually do one at a time, but you can start with putting veggies in all the bags, then the meats, then the spices & sauces.
- Place in freezer.
- When ready to use, thaw in fridge over night. Then empty contents out of the Ziploc bag and into the crock-pot.
This week we decided on pulled pork, beef stroganoff, cheesy chicken potato and broccoli, BBQ spareribs, orange chicken, honey garlic chicken, chicken sweet potatoes, and nacho chicken for movie night.
I don’t have the estimated cost for all meals as I stock up on meats and canned food when on sale. You can always add in extra ingredients/change the recipe to your family’s liking, these are meals and ingredients that our family enjoys. Between my husband and I’s work schedule, the 4-6 hour meals work best for us which is why most of the recipes are not for 8-10 hour days, I also always have never placed the ingredients in frozen – always thawed, so I’m not sure the cooking time if frozen.
I use a Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Oval Stay Or Go Slow Cooker .The meals are cooked for 2 adults and 2 young children (ages 3 & 5), and there is always leftovers for lunch the next day. Cooking times may vary depending on your type and size of slow cooker.
8 Easy Crock Pot Recipes:
Don’t forget to check out the 5 Crock Pot Meal Recipes that I made in May.
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 cups bell pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 oz orange juice concentrate
- Combine all ingredients in freezer bag. Seal bag and place in freezer. Thaw over night in fridge. Empty contents out of bag and into crock pot. Cook on low 4-6 hours. Serve over rice.
- 2lbs of pork ribs
- 1½ cups ketchup
- 1½ Tbsp seasoned salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white vinegar
- Place pork ribs in gallon sized ziplock. Mix remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl and pour over ribs. Seal bag and place in freezer. Thaw over night in fridge. Empty contents out of bag and into crock pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 lb. red potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¼lb. (4 oz.) VELVEETA®, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley - (I used dried parsley)
- Add all ingredients except for cheese in a gallon freezer bag. Seal bag and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents out of bag and into crock pot. Cook 6 hours on low. Add cheese and cook on high for additional 5 minutes. Stir.
- 2-4 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Garlic Cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Ketchup
- ⅓ cup Honey
- 2 cups carrots (or choice of veggie)
- Place all ingredients in gallon size ziplock. Seal bag and place in freezer. Thaw overnight in fridge. Empty the contents out of the bag and into crock pot.. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- 2 pounds of cubed beef stew meat or 4 cups of cooked ground beef
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- ½ c water
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2T minced garlic
- packet of onion soup mix
- chopped mushrooms (optional)
- egg noodles (to serve over the day you cook)
- Cook meat & let it cool. Add all ingredients to a gallon size freezer bag except egg noodles. Seal and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty the contents out of the bag and into crock pot. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve over egg noodles.
- 2-4 chicken breast
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 package taco seasoning
- Place all ingredients in gallon size freezer bag. Seal and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty the contents out of the bag and into crock pot. Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Spread Nacho Chicken over tortilla chips, and top with your choice of toppings including shredded cheese, green onions, black olives, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and salsa.
Not familiar with Ro-Tel? It’s diced tomatoes with green chilies and can be found in the isle near the cans of diced tomatoes.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup peach preserves OR apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, curry powder, and ginger. Add peach preserves, vinegar, and soy sauce to gallon freezer bag. Add in sweet potatoes and onion, and top with chicken. Seal bag and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty the contents out of the bag and into crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked and sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with fork.
- Combine chicken broth and cornstarch and mix well. Add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 10-15 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- 4-5 lbs Pork Butt/Shoulder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large onion - sliced thin
- BBQ Sauce (optional) We prefer Sweet Baby Rays
- Combine all ingredients except onion in bowl, rub onto pork. Place onions and pork in a gallon sized freezer bag, seal bag and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw overnight. Empty the contents out of the bag and into crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. Shred pork with 2 forks, add BBQ sauce if preferred. Cook on low additional 30-45 minutes with BBQ Sauce
Crock Pot Freezer Recipes originally found at Orange Chicken, BBQ Spareribs, Honey Garlic Chicken, Cheesy Chicken and Potato, Nacho Chicken, Chicken Sweet Potatoes, Pulled Pork and Beef Stroganoff.