8 Easy Crock Pot Freezer Meals – Make Dinnertime Easy

Get a jump start on your meal planning with these 8 crock pot freezer meals, perfect for busy families.

Last month I decided to try out meal planning using crock pot freezer meals. The crock pot freezer meals were a huge success and made dinner time so much easier, I didn’t have to deal with looking through the cabinet and fridge wondering what I would cook for dinner, I could just take out a previously prepped crock pot meal, thaw it out in the fridge over night and empty it in the crock pot the next morning. By dinner time we had a hot home cooked meal ready without the stress of running around the kitchen making dinner, and little to no mess to clean up.

We enjoyed trying out the five slow cooker recipes that I made last month, but decided to give some new recipes a try. I decided on 8 different crock pot freezer meals. All these recipes feed our family of 4, 2 adults 2 children, usually with at least one serving leftover – great for lunch the following day. You can always add in more veggies/meat to customize for your family.

crock pot freezer meals 5 Crock Pot Freezer Meals

This week we decided on prepping freezer meals for  pulled pork, beef stroganoff, cheesy chicken potato and broccoli, BBQ spareribs, orange chicken, honey garlic chicken, chicken sweet potatoes, and nacho chicken for movie night.

8 Easy Crock Pot Recipes:

Crock Pot Orange Chicken

4.75 from 16 votes
Orange Chicken
  • 2 cups carrots
  • 2 cups bell pepper
  • 1 lb chicken breast
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 8 oz orange juice concentrate
  1. Combine all ingredients in freezer bag. Seal bag and place in freezer. Thaw over night in fridge. Empty contents out of bag and into crock pot. Cook on low 4-6 hours. Serve over rice.

Crock Pot BBQ Spareribs

4.75 from 16 votes
Crock-Pot BBQ Spareribs
  • 2 lbs of pork ribs
  • 1 1/2 cups ketchup
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp seasoned salt
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
  1. Place pork ribs in gallon sized ziplock. Mix remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl and pour over ribs. Seal bag and place in freezer. Thaw over night in fridge. Empty contents out of bag and into crock pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.

Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Potato & Broccoli

4.8 from 16 reviews
Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Potato & Broccoli
  • 2-4 chicken breasts
  • 1 large green pepper, chopped
  • 2 cups broccoli, chopped
  • 1 lb. red potatoes, sliced thin
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • ¼lb. (4 oz.) VELVEETA®, cut into ½-inch cubes
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley - (I used dried parsley)
  1. Add all ingredients except for cheese in a gallon freezer bag. Seal bag and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents out of bag and into crock pot. Cook 6 hours on low. Add cheese and cook on high for additional 5 minutes. Stir.

Crock-Pot Honey Garlic Chicken

4.8 from 16 reviews
Crock-Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
  • 2-4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
  • 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp. dried Basil
  • ½ cup soy sauce
  • ½ cup ketchup
  • ⅓ cup honey
  • 2 cups carrots (or choice of veggie)
  1. Place all ingredients in gallon size freezer bag. Seal bag and place in freezer. Thaw overnight in fridge. Empty the contents out of the bag and into crock pot.. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.

Crock-Pot Beef Stroganoff

4.75 from 16 votes
Crock-Pot Beef Stroganoff
  • 2 pounds of cubed beef stew meat or 4 cups of cooked ground beef
  • 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
  • packet of onion soup mix
  • chopped mushrooms optional
  • egg noodles to serve over the day you cook
  1. Cook beef in skillet over med heat until no longer pink, set aside and let it cool. Once cooled, add all ingredients to a gallon size freezer bag except egg noodles. Seal bag and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty the contents out of the bag and into crock pot. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve over egg noodles.

Crock-Pot Nacho Chicken

4.75 from 16 votes
Crock-Pot Nacho Chicken
  • 2-4 chicken breast
  • 1 can Rotel
  • 1 package taco seasoning
  1. Place all ingredients in gallon size freezer bag. Seal bag and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty the contents out of the bag and into crock pot. Cook on low 8-10 hours.
  2. Spread Nacho Chicken over tortilla chips, and top with your choice of toppings including shredded cheese, green onions, black olives, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and salsa.

Not familiar with Ro-Tel? It’s diced tomatoes with green chilies and can be found in the isle near the cans of diced tomatoes.

Crock-Pot Chicken Sweet Potatoes

• 1 onion chopped
  • 1 cup peach preserves OR apricot preserves
  • 3 tsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
  • 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
  1. Coat chicken with salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, curry powder, and ginger. Add peach preserves, vinegar, and soy sauce to gallon freezer bag. Add in sweet potatoes and onion, and top with chicken. Seal bag and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty the contents out of the bag and into crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked and sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with fork.
  2. Combine chicken broth and cornstarch and mix well. Add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 10-15 minutes until sauce is thickened.

Crock-Pot Pulled Pork

• 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
  • 4 Tbsp. paprika
  • 2 Tbsp. salt
  • 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
  • 1 large onion - thinly sliced
  • BBQ Sauce (optional) We prefer Sweet Baby Rays
  1. Combine all ingredients except onion in bowl, rub onto pork. Place onions and pork in a gallon sized freezer bag, seal bag and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw overnight. Empty the contents out of the bag and into crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. Shred pork with 2 forks, add BBQ sauce, if preferred. Cook on low additional 30-45 minutes with BBQ Sauce.

slow cooker bbq ribs chicken and sweet potato

Crock pot freezer mealsslow cooker freezer meals

I don’t have the estimated cost for all of these crock pot freezer meals as I stock up on meats and canned food when on sale. You can always add in extra ingredients/change the recipe to your family’s liking, these are meals and ingredients that our family enjoys. Between my husband and I’s work schedule, the 4-6 hour meals work best for us which is why most of the recipes are not for 8-10 hour days, I also always have never placed the ingredients in frozen – always thawed, so I’m not sure the cooking time if frozen.

Additional Crock Pot Recipes You Will Love:

Crock Pot Freezer Recipes originally found at Orange Chicken, BBQ Spareribs, Honey Garlic Chicken, Cheesy Chicken and Potato, Nacho Chicken, Chicken Sweet Potatoes, Pulled Pork and Beef Stroganoff.

1. Kara T says:

I need to really start doing this every week. Cooking meals and putting them in the freezer. We are getting into the bad habit of eating out a lot because we work full time and have a busy schedule. Thanks for all these recipes!!

2. Kim says:

Wow, these look super good. Thanks for sharing. I love my crockpot and am always on the lookout for yummy recipes that can be thrown in the pot for a great meal. I will definitely be giving these a try soon!

3. rosie m says:

I have been wanting to try doing this I have a crockpot that I barely use these are some great recipes thanks

4. Rosie says:

Oh my, these are spectacular recipes – I can’t decide a favorite! I’m printing this out and keeping it for fall when crockpot is just perfect!!!! I plan on trying all of them!

5. Carissa Joslyn says:

I love this! and I really need to start doing it. we are trying to take red dye #40 out of our diet, and i need to stop being lazy! im single with two kids, and by time supper rolls around im exhausted! but if i did this i think it would make it a little easier!

6. Sarah Hayes says:

All of these sound so yummy! I dont use the crockpot much but these make me want to. I think the chicken sweet potatoes would be the best

7. Jean says:

OK, you are now my hero. I have been searching for easy, tasty slow cooker recipes all weekend and I hit the mother lode with this post. Thank you, thank you.

8. Both husband and I are looking forward to these great dinners. Thank you for doing this. A big help.

9. Lori F. says:

I prepare meals in my crockpot often. It is nice to have some new ones to try & I LOVE the idea of prepping them in the gallon freezer bags for ease! I just made my grocery list & amazingly for all 8 recipes I only need 13 items! Will start using these this week as school starts this week! Thanks so much for sharing!

10. Natalie says:

I bet you could even freeze the ingredients in the slow cooker liner bags too (it would have to be tied) and I would still bag it in a Zip lock when freezing but using the liners makes cleanup so much easier.

• Kari says:

I always forget about those liner bags, I’m going to have to pick a box up next time I go to the grocery store.

• Elizabeth Windsor says:

I’ve never heard of crock pot liner bags – anyone know if these are available in Canada?

And thank you for the original post with recipes – Fall is a great time to haul out the crock pot and fill the house with warmth!

• Barb says:

these used to be available at Sobey’s and Walmart…..haven’t been able to find them for a while! They are made by Reynolds wrap. They are on my “have to buy” if we go to the States. I think turkey oven bags would work(not sure if too expensive to do it that way)

11. Amber says:

I can’t wait to make these:) quick question do you just put the chicken in raw or frozen with the other ingredients?

• Kari says:

I put the chicken in raw.

12. Thank you!! I saw this on pinterest and just had to follow it to it’s source. Wonderful idea and right up my alley!

13. Dolly Monroe says:

I am very proud of you for doing the crock-pot recipes and for sharing with others. You are a special person.

14. Carmella says:

Do you remove the food from the freezer bag when putting into the crock pot or as is?

• Kari says:

Yes, I dump all of the contents into the crock-pot and throw out the freezer bag.

15. Kim says:

I needed a pulled pork recipe for the crockpot for my son’s graduation party. I have never made it before and had no idea how to go about it. After searching and reading tons of recipes – yours was the last one I found. I don’t know if it was because I was tired of looking or what, but I threw up my hands – said “OK, I’m just going to do it and if it comes out, great, if not, oh well…”. THANK YOU so very much for this recipe!!!!! It was so very EASY, and it was the HIT of the party! I actually used almost 10 lbs of shoulder/butt – split it between 2 crockpots and it was perfect! I tried the meat before I added the bbq sauce and it almost didn’t even need any sauce!

16. Diane Morris says:

Please make more meals with beef. We Texans love our beef!

• Heidi says:

You could probably substitute most of the meats for these lovely recipes with beef. Just a thought.

17. Gina Williams says:

thank You for all the great recipes. I volunteer at our local Food Bank and our clients are always asking for ideas . Most of the ingredients (except meat) are given out in hampers so it should really help make things easier for them.
    Gina Williams

18. Heather says:

These look easy and yummy, two of my favorite things!
    I would eliminate cooking the meat in the Stroganoff it is in the cockpot long enough to fully cook and ditch the two fork method of shedding any meat, pull out your hand mixer it’ll be shredded in less than 30 seconds! I can’t wait to give these a whirl, thanks for sharing!

19. These sound perfect for space saving meals to take when we travel in our motor home. Can’t wait to try them. Thanks for sharing.

20. Carmen Portman-Doi says:

Love the crock pot recipes. You’re amazing

21. Brionne says:

So excited to have some new crock pot recipes! And also to try them freezer-style. I do have another recipe that I think would work well in the freezer bags, too, and it’s one I love.

Cranberry Crock-Pot Chicken
    – 1 lb. chicken (I use chicken breasts – you can cube them or leave them whole)
    – 1 can cranberry sauce (with or without berries)
    – 1 small bottle Catalina dressing (I prefer the light)
    – 1 package onion soup mix

Combine and cook on high 3-4 hours (I believe it’s 7-8 on low). Serve over rice.

This is also great served with mandarin oranges as a side. And, if you want to go vegetarian, you can swap out the chicken for shelled edamame – delicious! I’m going to try it in the freezer, too.

Thanks again!

• Kari says:

Thanks! I’ll have to give this a try.

22. Susan says:

I LOVE these ideas-they are simple too, using things you already have in the pantry-one question though-what is Rotel?

23. Carolyn says:

I hope to get my daughter and some other young moms together to make some freezer meals. These sound great. I am going to put mine in the crockpot frozen. I leave the house at 7 a.m. and do not get home until 6 p.m. Most crockpot meals are overdone if cooked for 11 hours – Can’t wait to try these.

24. Margaret says:

Tonight we ate the cheesy chicken potatoes and broccoli, yum! I really appreciated stumbling upon these tips, as mommy of 3 who works full time, and is going to graduate school – I need all the help I can get! These recipes were so easy, and turned out superb! Thank you!

25. Bobby says:

Do you put the chicken in the bags raw? I’m just checking to make sure I do this right.

• Kari says:

Yes, I put them in the bags raw.

26. Lena Ann says:

Thanks for the tip and the recipes! I usually end up making the same two recipes when using the crockpot so this variety is appreciated. I never thought to organize the ingredients and freeze them together. This would save on spoiled potatoes and mushrooms that I forget to use in time. I’ll give it a shot.

27. Carrie says:

Have you tried putting Velveeta in the nacho chicken after it’s finished cooking? Just wondering. I made all of these today and put them in the freezer. Thank you very much for doing this!

28. karen whatley says:

I am so going to try these.

29. Joanne says:

Wow, Thank you for the wonderful recipes and ideas. However I do have one question, are you putting the potatoes (sliced red potatoes and sweet potatoes) in the freezer raw? Just wondering if they turn a blackish color if frozen raw?
    Thank you again for such great ideas!

• Kari says:

I put them in the freezer raw, I’ve never had an issue with them turning blackish.

30. Wendy says:

These look delicious. Thank you! Just wondering, I have frozen chicken in my freezer. Should I thaw it, add the ingredients and refreeze? Or, add the ingredients to the frozen chicken? Maybe I should just start over with fresh chicken…

• Kari says:

Don’t thaw then re-freeze. Just add it in the ziplock bag frozen.

31. Jennie says:

Thanks for posting these! I have Chicken & Sweet Potatoes in the crockpot right now, and it smells delicious.

32. Michelle Lubbers says:

Over that last week or so, I have tried your Honey garlic chicken, Beef Strogenauff, and Chicken with sweet poratoes. All were very good, and crowd pleasers, I’ve never had sweet potatoes in the crock, now they are a favorite prepared that way! Thanks so much for easy and delicious recipes. Can’t wait to try the rest!

33. Amy Orvin says:

My mom is always looking for more crock potting recipes. She would be so excited to read some of these. I know what she is going to be cooking for the next 2 weeks! Thanks for the ideas and keeping my mom busy! LOL!!

34. Debbie Welchert says:

This is such a great idea and the recipes sound fantastic. I have a beef and vegetable casserole I make I’m going to try and put it all together and freeze it. This would save so much time in the kitchen.

35. Emily says:

I tried ribs in the crockpot last week. They are definitely a time-saver!

36. Kathie says:

I love these recipes…..has anyone tried to start with a frozen bag right to the crockpot? My problem is that I forget to prepare the night before…trying to remember to take the bag out at night

37. Becki says:

Where were you the 15 years I was a single parent of 2 and working full time??? I could have used these then! will certainly use them now and pass them on to my kids …

38. Kathy says:

What a blessing you are! Thank you for these wonderful recipes. I’m ready to begin!

39. Amy says:

I can not wait to try these meals. This would help since I work full time and don’t get home until 6pm then usually have after school sports/activities to rush to. Also will get my children involved with helping out with dinner. We can all get together and go shopping for the ingredients and then all have our own recipes to follow and freeze. My children are older so I would probably have to double the recipes. Thank you this will help me out a lot as a single mom!

40. Mary says:

These are wonderful! Do you happen to have the calorie count of a serving? Thanks so much for posting !

• Kari says:

Hi Mary, no sorry I do not.

41. Carleigh says:

I work 10-12 hour days; is it possible to put some of the meals in for a longer amount of time at a lower temperature? Is there a rule of thumb to go by here?
    I am a total crockpot amateur, but I want to learn!!

• pearl2006 says:

By the time I leave in the morning I am also gone for 10 hrs…. They have a new crockpot with timers. I am so going to get it one of these days. Saw it at walmart. You can tell it what time to start cooking, how long, and temp, etc… A new must have.

• ayana says:

I also work 10+ hr days. I usually put the food on overnight.

• jill snyder says:

I take mine out of the freezer around 10 pm and place in refrigerator. THe next morning it is only partially thawed. I put the partially thawed ingredients in the crock pot which is plugged into a light timer( the kind you use when you go on vacation) I leave around 7:30 but my crockpot doesn’t turn on until 10am cooking for the suggested time. Always a fresh hot meal for all of us at 5pm

• Tammy says:

You can cook meals at a lower temperature and you will get the same results. If you have a digital crock pot you can program it to come on later, however the slower you cook your meals will generally give you more flavorful and tender meal.

42. nicole dz says:

the crock pot nacho chicken sound really good, also the pulled pork is delish. I love these freezer recipes, simple and easy!

43. Tammy S says:

I used to make meals ahead of time and then I just kind of got out of the habit. After seeing this post it makes me want to get back into the groove, Your Orange Chicken sounds great!

44. charlotte storm says:

I just put the nacho chicken recipe in the crockpot as a trial run. If it,s really good, i’ll put it together for a dine in meal while we afe at the beach!

45. Lin B says:

I have both the programmable crock pot and the light timer one. I agree with Jill partially thawed and then let the time do the rest. A long low cook can lead to very dry meat if it isn’t a large roast or pork butt.

46. Wanda says:

I never thought about the light timer! That’s a great idea! I recently got a programmable crock pot and it has made a HUGE difference from the scorched recipes I’ve done in the past :(. What size crock pot do you use?

47. Debbie Welchert says:

Thanks for the great tips and recipes. This is going to save me so much time and I love it. I can’t wait to try the Crockpot Cheesy Chicken, Potato and Broccoli Recipe.

48. Sheila says:

More freezer crockpot meal recipes, please.

49. Katie says:

I made all of these, so far we have ate the ribs, sweet potato chicken, and orange chicken. All were good EXCEPT the Orange Chicken, I feel there needs to be 1/2 of the orange juice (WAY WAY too sweet, and I have a sweet tooth) and needs more seasoning, it just tasted like chicken in orange juice. Tonight we are making the Cheesy Chicken Potato & Broccoli, that one sounded really good and we have high hopes for.

50. Julie Wood says:

I love the Crock-Pot Chicken Sweet Potatoes. This looks like a very good recipe to try and we always like making Beef Strogonoff in the Crock Pot because it comes out so delicious!

51. Tracie Shelfer says:

Gotta try these thank you

52. Aishia R says:

God bless you for this wonderful idea! I needed the help to. Can’t wait to start prep

53. Trish says:

Do these have to go through the process of being frozen then thawed or can I make them without freezing them first? Thanks

• Kari says:

No, you don’t have to freeze them. Instead of adding them to the Ziploc bag, just place the ingredients in your crock-pot.

54. Ibolya says:

Has anyone noticed that crock pots are much hotter than they used to be? Much higher wattage. I’ve had 4 crockpots over the past year and all of them have over cooked if not destroyed meals within three hours. If I even entertain the idea of cooking anything for 10 hours in a crock pot now, I’d have the fire department hosing down my house.

Google it, crockpots are not the same anymore. I’ve been cooking in them since the 70’s, so I am not new to this. On low…they all burned meals, even the fancy one with a probe. The company replaced one I complained about…with one that acted the same way. my husband built a power dimmer but that’s iffy at best.

• CG says:

Check thrift stores, I found an old one and I love it. Can’t stand the new ones. Had the same problems.

• Anara says:

I agree! I also dislike the keep warm function, especially if I’m cooking on high. It traps too much heat and continues cooking. I would prefer a delayed start timer for the recipes that need 4-6 hours. I tend to use those recipes on busy weekend days instead of weekdays.

55. The pulled pork was so good!! Great recipe and so easy!! Just made all the others and can’t wait to try!!

56. Looks like a lot of good recipes here. I think I want to start slowly with one or two – which ones are your favorites? Which ones have you had the most success with? I’m pregnant with my second and trying to fill my freezer for the days after the baby comes. 🙂

57. Brandi says:

I find that the way around the burning problem is to add extra liquid. I usually double whatever the recipe calls for in one type of liquid, depending on what it is. If a recipe doesn’t call for liquid, I usually just add a cup of water.

58. Hilary says:

Hi,I’m interesting in starting crockpot freezer meals,but I leave the house at 630 and sometimes don’t get home till 6-630 at night.I’m just worried the food will be completely burnt by the time I get home.I was wondering if you have any suggestions to prevent burnt/over cooked food.

• samantha says:

get a crock pot with a timer on it maybe.

• MJ says:

Hilary – there are slow cookers available that have timers built in to help with this. If you already have a crock-pot/slow cooker, or if those are on the expensive side, many folks use light timers to set a start and end time for their cooking if they will be out of the home. This should help to prevent the over-cooked concern you have.

• Courtney says:

I have a crockpot that is programmable. If I need to only cook it for 3 hours it will automatically turn to a “warm” setting which keeps it hot without overcooking it.

• Hillary says:

It sounds like investing in a programmable slow cooker might be your best option. I have the same problem as you do. I love the programmable Hamilton Beach slow cooker I bought, as I can set it for the time and heat that is required and the cooker will automatically change to “keep warm” once finished. My slow cooker is now used WAY more than before because of this feature. Good luck! 🙂

59. Jeannie says:

I have a Ninja 3 in 1. I’ve noticed things I cook in it tend to burn faster than in my older Crock Pot. I would imagine this is because of the wattage, but it does have a timer so i’m thinking if I cut the usual time down and just set it to warm after it’s cooked it should be just about right.. Gonna give it a try anyway..

60. maggie says:

All these recipes look so delicious! I want to try the honey garlic chicken recipe first. The ingredients list has a little square for the amount of honey. How much honey does the recipe actually call for?

• Kari says:

1/3 cup honey.

• sheryl says:

This was my family’s favorite!

61. Vannesa says:

I’ve made two of your recipes. Bbq spare ribs and orange chicken. Absolutely love the orange chicken so much it’s been added to my weekly meals!

62. Susan Kozgus says:

Now that I’m a full-time college student and so is my daughter, and I have teenagers living at home, who as we know are pretty much the most self-absorbed creatures on the planet (LOL!) these are going to be lifesavers! There are nights I don’t get home until nearly ten and I am too exhausted to start cooking. It will be nice to come home to a hot meal before settling down to homework and falling asleep at 2:00 am! Now I know why people do this when they are young! The recipes all look so good. Looks like Sunday is going to be cooking day, in addition to homework day! Thanks for the help!

63. Sheryl says:

I’ve had the Stroganoff in the freezer for several months and cooked it tonight.
    BEST RECIPE EVER! Of all these recipes, this was my entire family’s favorite. Orange Chicken was in 2nd place, but it was way too sweet for some members of the family. We did add mushrooms, but next time I’ll add many more, as they add so much flavor and texture. I plan to make 4 stroganoffs soon to freeze and use as baby/death/sickness meals for friends.

• Sheryl says:

One more thing. I used the cubed stew meat, keeping them in about 1″ chunks. The meal cooked on low for 6 hours. The meat was cooked well, but after leaving them on warm for 1.5 hours more, the chunks held up to serve but fell apart with a fork. Perfect!

64. Deb says:

Trying cooking in the crackpot during the night while your at home and shut it off

65. Jennifer says:

Sorry to the Orange chicken & Honey garlic chicken thanks.

1. […] *Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff based on the recipe from Mommy’s Fabulous Finds […]