While browsing the Rice Krispies website I came across Turkey Pop Treats that are made using Rice Krispies. I was craving Rice Krispies Treats so I thought these would be a great idea to make for the kids, and for me.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package 10 oz., about 40 regular marshmallows Or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 package 12 oz., 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups candy corn
- 48 small white candies I found some little eye candies at Michael's
- 24 lollipop sticks or wooden ice cream sticks
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using 1/4-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into 24 portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into ball. Cool.
- In microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and oil. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip each ball into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Decorate with candy corn for tail feathers and beak. Add candies for eyes. Let stand until firm.
- Insert lollipop stick into each. Best if served the same day.
It took a few tries to get the candy corn to stick into the Rice Krispies treat ball, the candy corn kept falling off, I highly recommend waiting till the Rice Krispies treats are completely cooled, I put them in the fridge to speed up the process. Once the Rice Krispies treats were completely cooled it was a lot easier to keep the candy corn feathers and nose on the Rice Krispies treat. Once the chocolate was hardened it was time to eat, the Turkey Pop Treats were absolutely delicious! Me and the boys give them an A++++!
*Recipe from Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Website.