Disclosure: I participated in this Frito-Lay sponsored campaign for One2One Network. I received monetary compensation and product to facilitate my post, but all opinions stated are my own.
My husband and I enjoy having friends and family over, especially in the summer time for BBQ’n and outdoor fun. Unlike some families, ours is not shy about hosting, I love decorating our house and backyard and love to spend time in the kitchen trying out new recipes. One of the big hits at every party we host or attend is chips and dip, whether it’s a bean based dip or veggie salsa, it always hits the spot.
Frito-Lay has the perfect snack for any summer occasion, whether it’s a backyard party, camping, or simply enjoying the peaceful outdoors.
One of our favorite family snacks is the Tostitos® Scoops!® tortilla chips with salsa. We usually purchase the Tostitos® salsa and serve it by itself, but this past week we hosted a gathering with friends & family and I added a few other ingredients into the Tostitos® salsa to make Corn and Black Bean Bites with the Tostitos® Scoops!® tortilla chips. Frito-Lay’s Corn and Black Bean Bites recipe was a huge hit, and we will definitely be making it again. The recipe was very easy to make and required simple ingredients.
My go-to vegetable in the summer is cucumbers, so I decided to also make a Cucumber Salsa to pair with the Lay’s® Classic potato chips. After a hot day in the sun all day long, the cucumbers are both cool and refreshing.
When looking for snacks for your summer snacking, look for chips made with simple ingredients, like Lay’s® Classic potato chips, made with potatoes, oils and salt, and Tostitos® Scoops!® tortilla chips, made with corn, oils and salt. There’s a number of dips on the Frito-Lay’s Recipes Page, or you can create your own.
- 1 Cucumber - chopped
- 1 Tomato - chopped
- 1/4 green pepper - chopped
- 1/2 small onion - chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro
- 1 tbs parsley
- 1 bag Lay’s® Classic potato chips
- Combine all ingredients except for the chips and toss well in bowl.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour, serve with Lay’s® Classic potato chips,
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup TOSTITOS® Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1 bag TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips
- Combine all ingredients except for the chips and toss well in glass bowl.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour before spooning mixture into TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips and place on serving dish and serve immediately.