A couple months ago while I was browsing through Facebook, Jacob spotted these Despicable Me cupcakes and has been asking me to make the Minions ever since. No one in our family has ever seen Despicable Me, but after all of the commercials and toys at McDonalds, Jacob & Ty definitely know who they are. I finally got around to making them a few weeks ago, they were such a huge hit! Of course we had to make a couple with silly hair, and the one-eyed Minion.
Despicable Me Cupcakes:
- White Frosting
- Black Frosting
- Wilton Candy Eyes or Smarties
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Bake cupcakes as directed, once cooled down spread with frosting.
- Cut Twinkies in half. Using black frosting, make two black dots for the eyes, press on the Wilton Candy Eyeballs or Smarties. If using Smarties dot with black frosting for eyes. Make two straight lines for the goggle straps.
- Use black frosting to make a mouth, you can also add hair using the black frosting or chocolate sprinkles.
- Press Twinkies on top of cupcakes into frosting.
I used a Wilton Size 2 decorating tip with black frosting to make the eyes, goggles, mouth, and hair. If you don't have a Wilton tip, you can always put the black frosting in a ziplock bag and cut a small piece of the corner off.
The Wilton Candy Eyeballs that I used. They can also be found at JoAnn Fabrics & Michael’s Craft Stores.