Crock-Pot Beef Stroganoff

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff is the perfect easy weeknight family meal. The whole family will love this kid-friendly dinner recipe.

beef stroganoff crockpot recipe

For years I only used my slow cooker for cocktail meatballs and pulled pork, now it’s become my go-to for easy dinner recipes for family. As a busy mom of three, these easy crock pot recipes make dinner time stress free. This Beef Stroganoff is so easy to make in the crockpot and if your mornings are on the busy side, you can save even more time by taking 10 minutes the night before and prepping and measuring the ingredients.

Don’t spend an hour in the kitchen, let the crock pot do all of the cooking! To save on time in the morning, prep the slow cooker ground beef stroganoff the night before by browning the meat and adding the rest of the ingredients to a bowl or ziplock bag. In the morning, dump the ingredients into the crockpot and set on low for 4-6 hours.

How to make Beef Stroganoff in a crock pot:

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff is the perfect easy weeknight family meal. The whole family will love this kid-friendly dinner recipe, plus it's so easy to make!

Course: Main Course
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 1 packet of onion soup mix
  • 1 cup chopped mushrooms
  • egg noodles
Instructions
  1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, drain. Add all ingredient except egg noodles into the crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours. With a few minutes left, cook the egg noddles. Serve over egg noodles.

beef stroganoff recipe

Beef Stroganoff Freezer Meal

In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, drain & let it cool. Add all ingredients except egg noodles in a gallon size freezer bag. Zip close and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve over egg noodles.

Beef Stoganoff Crockpot Recipe

Comments

1. Elena says:

I love beef stroganoff. Thank you for the recipe!

2. Lisa K says:

I love my slow cooker and I love Stroganoff. This looks pretty easy. I have most of the ingredients. This is perfect for busy days. Im pinning this. Thank you.

3. Lorie (vegetarian) says:

I am subbing in 4 c meat sub crumbles instead of the meat… and upping the mushrooms a bit!

4. Resa says:

Do you need to cook the meat before you freeze? I had looked at other sites and they don’t call for cooking prior to freezing, please advise.

• Kari says:

Hi Resa, I always cook ground beef before freezing it with other ingredients.

5. shelly peterson says:

This recipe sounds really good. I love crock pot recipes. Would love to give it a try.

6. Beth Keener says:

If you haven’t made this one yet…do it TODAY!! This is delicious!!! I did not pre-cook the stew meat, as I didn’t see the need? Turned out SOOOOO yummy!! Thank you for the recipe!!

7. sara m says:

Cooked this today. Very yummy! I substituted 1 can of low fat cream of mushroom and the McCormicks beef stroganoff mix instead of the onion soup mix because my store didn’t have it. I also added the sour cream right before serving because I’ve always read that dairy breaks down in the crock pot. I cooked a whole bag of egg noodles and stirred that in as well.

8. Djuana says:

I used your recipe tonight. Everyone loved it! Thanks so much 🙂

9. Terri I. says:

This turned out really well, and it was super easy to make. Thank you!!!!

10. Carol says:

MY FAMILY LOVED THIS ONE! THANK YOU for these great ideas and recipes!

11. Hilary says:

This recipe sounds really tastey!I just have a question,if you put the sour cream in the crockpot in the beginning will it curdle?

• Kari says:

Hi Hilary, I’ve never had an issue with the sour cream in this recipe.

12. Erin says:

Delicious & easy! Wonderful on this cool night

13. Gail says:

Thanks so much for sharing these recipes! I haven’t tried any yet but have printed quite a few out. I know they’ll taste great b/c I never make anything with ingredients I’m not familiar with. I’ve been trying to downsize my recipes since there is just the two of us now mostly. These are wonderful ideas since both my husband and I are retired and in and out at different times. I can just take them out of the freezer, put an already cut up bag of ingredients into my crockpot and we can help ourselves! Love my crockpot also! I can have quite a variety of meals for my husband for girls’ and sisters’ nights out. Or anytime I know I won’t be home for dinner.
    Beef Stroganoff sounds yummy. Now what I’d like to do is get to the grocery store to buy a bunch of ingredients so I can start making these delicious meals and stacking them in my freezer!
    Thanks Kari!! Love your site! I’m a newcomer.

14. Sherri says:

This sounds easy and delicious… I will have to give it a try. I love beef stroganoff!

15. Karen says:

Hi!
    Do you have to cook the meat first if using the stew meat? Or just if using the ground beef?
    Thanks!!
    Karen

• Kari says:

I typically precook the ground beef, it seems to taste better, and less greasy than if I cook it straight in the crock-pot..

16. Ashley Busse says:

This sounds so good!! Thank you for sharing!

17. Kristie says:

Thank you so much for sharing your crockpot recipes! I have made several of them and bought groceries to make them all again! I hope everyone gives them a try! Having one in college, one in high school, and a new born my busy husband and I enjoy these on the days we have to tackle everyone’s busy schedule!

18. Tiffany says:

I tried this recipe last night and my family loved it! I did only have to cook on low for 3 1/2 hours and then put on Keep Warm until the rest of dinner was ready.