Crock-Pot Beef Stoganoff

• 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 2 T Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 c water
  • 1 c. sour cream
  • 2 T minced garlic
  • packet of onion soup mix
  • chopped mushrooms optional
  • egg noodles to serve over the day you cook
Instructions
  1. Cook meat & let it cool. Add all ingredients to a gallon size freezer bag except egg noodles. Seal and place in freezer. When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve over egg noodles.
Source: Beef Stroganoff

Comments

1. Elena says:

I love beef stroganoff. Thank you for the recipe!

2. Lisa K says:

I love my slow cooker and I love Stroganoff. This looks pretty easy. I have most of the ingredients. This is perfect for busy days. Im pinning this. Thank you.

3. Lorie (vegetarian) says:

I am subbing in 4 c meat sub crumbles instead of the meat… and upping the mushrooms a bit!

4. Resa says:

Do you need to cook the meat before you freeze? I had looked at other sites and they don’t call for cooking prior to freezing, please advise.

• Kari says:

Hi Resa, I always cook ground beef before freezing it with other ingredients.

5. shelly peterson says:

This recipe sounds really good. I love crock pot recipes. Would love to give it a try.

6. Beth Keener says:

If you haven’t made this one yet…do it TODAY!! This is delicious!!! I did not pre-cook the stew meat, as I didn’t see the need? Turned out SOOOOO yummy!! Thank you for the recipe!!

7. sara m says:

Cooked this today. Very yummy! I substituted 1 can of low fat cream of mushroom and the McCormicks beef stroganoff mix instead of the onion soup mix because my store didn’t have it. I also added the sour cream right before serving because I’ve always read that dairy breaks down in the crock pot. I cooked a whole bag of egg noodles and stirred that in as well.

8. Djuana says:

I used your recipe tonight. Everyone loved it! Thanks so much 🙂

9. Terri I. says:

This turned out really well, and it was super easy to make. Thank you!!!!

10. Carol says:

MY FAMILY LOVED THIS ONE! THANK YOU for these great ideas and recipes!

11. Hilary says:

This recipe sounds really tastey!I just have a question,if you put the sour cream in the crockpot in the beginning will it curdle?

• Kari says:

Hi Hilary, I’ve never had an issue with the sour cream in this recipe.

12. Erin says:

Delicious & easy! Wonderful on this cool night

13. Gail says:

Thanks so much for sharing these recipes! I haven’t tried any yet but have printed quite a few out. I know they’ll taste great b/c I never make anything with ingredients I’m not familiar with. I’ve been trying to downsize my recipes since there is just the two of us now mostly. These are wonderful ideas since both my husband and I are retired and in and out at different times. I can just take them out of the freezer, put an already cut up bag of ingredients into my crockpot and we can help ourselves! Love my crockpot also! I can have quite a variety of meals for my husband for girls’ and sisters’ nights out. Or anytime I know I won’t be home for dinner.
    Beef Stroganoff sounds yummy. Now what I’d like to do is get to the grocery store to buy a bunch of ingredients so I can start making these delicious meals and stacking them in my freezer!
    Thanks Kari!! Love your site! I’m a newcomer.

14. Sherri says:

This sounds easy and delicious… I will have to give it a try. I love beef stroganoff!

15. Karen says:

Hi!
    Do you have to cook the meat first if using the stew meat? Or just if using the ground beef?
    Thanks!!
    Karen

• Kari says:

I typically precook the ground beef, it seems to taste better, and less greasy than if I cook it straight in the crock-pot..

16. Ashley Busse says:

This sounds so good!! Thank you for sharing!

17. Kristie says:

Thank you so much for sharing your crockpot recipes! I have made several of them and bought groceries to make them all again! I hope everyone gives them a try! Having one in college, one in high school, and a new born my busy husband and I enjoy these on the days we have to tackle everyone’s busy schedule!

18. Tiffany says:

I tried this recipe last night and my family loved it! I did only have to cook on low for 3 1/2 hours and then put on Keep Warm until the rest of dinner was ready.