When it comes to cooking dinner for our family, I know I can always count on no complaints with this easy Chicken Parmesan recipe. The kids love it and I know I don’t have to deal with trying to get them to eat, lately Trevor has been quite picky and doesn’t want to eat anything I make for dinner. Everything is “yuck!” The joys of a three year old” Chicken Parm is an easy yet delicious recipe, and I can quickly double it in case we have friends or family over.
If there are any leftovers it makes for an easy lunch the following day, while the children finish up the pasta, my husband and I can enjoy a Chicken Parm sub.
Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe:
- 8 chicken tenderloin (about 1½ pounds total), or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 16 oz jar of tomato sauce of choice, warmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pasta of choice
- Boil pasta according to box. Drain & set aside once finished.
- Mix bread crumbs with ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- While pasta is cooking, dip the chicken in the egg and then in the bread crumbs/Parmesan cheese mixture turning to coat both sides. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken in the oil and cook 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from skillet.
- Spray the bottom of an oven-safe skillet or casserole dish and add 1 cup of spaghetti sauce. Add in pasta, then top with chicken, remaining sauce,1/4 cup Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned in spots, about 5 minutes.
Don’t have an oven-safe skillet? Add one to your wish list! I love ours. Instead of having to dirty a couple different dishes, I can cook the chicken on the stove top in the skillet, and then also place it into the oven to broil the cheese. Less cleanup= happy mama.