Crockpot Freezer Meals will become your new best friend! Find over 30 crockpot recipes and everything you need to know to meal prep including tips, shopping lists and cook time. Prep the meals ahead of time for easy weeknight dinners.
As a mom of three, I’m always looking for ways to simplify weeknight dinners. Between the after school rush, getting out of work, and getting the older kids off to sports, there isn’t a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. Plus, who wants to spend an hour cooking after a busy weeknight when they can come home to a home cooked meal.
Crockpot Freezer Meals:
Crockpot freezer meals help you stay on budget and stock your freezer. The easy dump & go recipes are also a perfect for busy school nights.
These freezer meals have become my best friend. I can make a grocery list, get all of the ingredients together and prep the meals ahead of time. I can have 30 crockpot meals prepped in just a few hours. To help keep track of the recipes in the freezer I print a calendar and fill each day out with a slow cooker meal that is in the freezer. The extras I’ll add to the meal plan list for the following month.
Crockpot Freezer Meal Essentials:
New to Freezer Cooking?
Scroll through the list below where you’ll find a variety of healthy crockpot meals made with chicken, ground beef, pork chops, and a few soup recipes mixed in. Read through our tips to help simply meal prep, and shop our favorite crockpot freezer meal products in one handy list on Amazon, including freezer bags and ziplog bag clips to help hold the bags open.
Tips for making Crockpot Freezer Meals:
Crockpot recipes are some of the easiest meals to make ahead in bulk, freeze in Ziploc bags and thaw when you’re needing an easy weeknight meal. Whether you’re new to freezer cooking or have made crockpot freezer meals in the past, the process can still be overwhelming. I’ll usually make a week of crockpot recipes but sometimes I’m feeling extra motivated I’ll make a meals for a month. Follow our tips for making crockpot freezer meals for a smooth day of meal prep.
First you’ll want to search and print out the crockpot recipes that you can freeze.
Make grocery list
Check your pantry and fridge – make a grocery list.
Shop the sales to stay on budget
I’ll often shop stock up on chicken, ground beef, and pork during the meat sales. I’ll separate the meat into individual 1 lb servings using fold top sandwich bags, and place them into a freezer bag. I can usually fit about 8 chicken breasts in one freezer bag.
Get the freezer bags ready
Take gallon zip lock bags and write the names, date, how long to cook on high, how long to cook on low, and directions on each bag with permanent marker.
Make the crockpot freezer meals in one sitting
Set a couple hours aside one afternoon to make all of the freezer meals
- Wash/cut/slice up all the veggies.
- Trim the fat off the chicken breasts & thighs.
- Cook any meat that needs to be pre-cooked to allow to cool while you’re preparing other ingredients. (most crockpot ground beef recipes need to be precooked)
Start filling the freezer bags with ingredients.
I usually do one at a time, but you can start with putting vegetables in all the bag, then the meats, and finish with the spices & sauces.
Use baggy clips.
A second set of hands always makes the process go smoother, if not these handy bag holders help to free up your hands and hold the bag open.
Seal the bags close. Place in freezer as flat as possible.
I prefer to freeze the bags as flat as possible, that way they look neater in the freezer. I usually put a small cutting boards or a piece of a cardboard box in between until they start to freeze and then remove the boards. I’ll flash freeze and then remove the cardboard, making the freezer meals look like books on a shelf. This is not necessary but will make the meals freeze flat.
Thaw freezer bags: When ready to use, choose a meal and thaw the freezer bag in the fridge over night. Dump the ingredients out of the Ziploc bag and into the crockpot.
Use a Crockpot Liner:
Crockpot liners makes cleanup a breeze! There’s no more having to scrub the slow cooker clean once dinner is over. Just remove the liner and toss in the trash.
What meals can I make and freeze?
Below you’ll find 30+ crockpot recipes that you can get ready ahead of time and freeze. Most of the recipes you place all of the ingredients in the Ziploc freezer bag, but there are a few that you don’t add an ingredient until the cook time is almost over. Also the ground beef recipes, you will need to pre-cook the meat.
Crockpot Chicken Recipes:
- boneless chicken breast, black beans, corn, taco seasoning, salsa, water
- boneless chicken breasts, crushed pineapple, BBQ sauce
- boneless chicken breast, cream cheese, cream of chicken, packet of Italian seasoning
- boneless chicken breast, flour, pepper, canola oil, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic clove, ginger, red pepper flakes, cashews
- boneless chicken breast, frozen broccoli florets, Alfredo sauce, green pepper, sliced mushrooms
- boneless chicken breast, corn, black beans, Rotel, taco seasoning
- cooked chicken breast, spaghetti, Velveeta, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, petite diced tomatoes, mild green chilies, mushrooms, water, onion
- boneless chicken breasts, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, red wine vinegar
- boneless chicken breasts, green pepper, broccoli, red potatoes, paprika, condense cream of chicken soup, Velveeta, Worcestershire sauce, fresh parsley
- boneless chicken breast, dried minced onion, whole cranberry sauce, BBQ sauce
- boneless chicken breast, baby carrots, red onion, crushed pineapple, garlic cloves, teriyaki sauce
- boneless chicken breast, garlic cloves, basil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, carrots
- boneless chicken breasts, carrots, bell pepper, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, orange juice concentrate
- boneless chicken breast, red pepper, onion, peanut butter, lime, vegetable broth, soy sauce, cumin, crushed peanuts, scallions, cilantro
- boneless chicken breast, Rotel, taco seasoning
- boneless chicken breast, crushed pineapple, black beans, salsa, flour tortillas, green enchilada sauce, shredded cheddar, rice
- boneless chicken thighs, salt & pepper, onion, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, canola oil, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, cornstarch, sesame seeds, Bourbon (optional)
- chicken thighs, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, minced garlic, minced onion, crushed red pepper, cornstarch, water, sesame seeds, green onions
- boneless skinless chicken thighs, salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, curry powder, ground ginger, sweet potatoes, onion, peach (or apricot) preserves, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, chicken broth, cornstarch
- skinless chicken thighs, lime juice, chicken broth, garlic cloves, thyme, unsalted butter
- ground chicken, garlic cloves, red bell pepper, yellow onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, salt, pepper, sliced water chestnuts, brown rice, green onions, rice vinegar, sesame oil, romaine lettuce
Crockpot Pork Recipes:
- pork butt/shoulder, pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, oregano, paprika, salt, sugar, onion, BBQ sauce
- sweet potatoes, pork loin, green chilies, chicken broth, red onion, diced tomatoes -fire roasted, cumin, salt, pepper, lime juice
- onion, pork tenderloin roast, cumin, salsa, Ro-Tel, tortillas
- pork chops, garlic cloves, brown sugar, soy sauce, chicken broth
- pork ribs, ketchup, seasoned salt, brown sugar, white vinegar
- pork tenderloin, chunky applesauce, BBQ sauce, minced dried onion
- sausage, green pepper, red pepper, onion, garlic cloves, Italian diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning
- baby back ribs, BBQ sauce, paprika, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper,
*Note most ground beef crock pot recipes that you plan on freezing require the ground beef to be pre-cooked.
Crockpot Ground Beef Recipes:
- red bell pepper, green bell pepper, onion, sweet & sour sauce, pineapple tidbits, frozen fully cooked meatballs
- ground beef (or ground turkey), onion, diced tomatoes, ketchup, water, dark red kidney beans, chili seasoning, celery, Worcestershire sauce, sugar.
Crockpot Beef Recipes:
- round steak, flour, salt, pepper, onion, garlic cloves, green pepper, red pepper, Italian style tomatoes, beef bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, steak sauce
- flank steak (or skirt steak), cornstarch, olive oil, mince garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, carrots, red pepper,
- cubed beef stew meat or ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, water, sour cream, garlic cloves, onion soup mix packet, chopped mushrooms, egg noodles
- beef stew meat, salt, pepper, onion, celery, baby carrots, red potatoes, tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic clove, dried parsley, oregano, flour, water, peas, corn
Crockpot Vegetarian Recipes:
- sweet potatoes, yellow onion, coconut milk, vegetable broth, garlic cloves, dried basil
More recipes you may enjoy:
- boneless chicken breast, salt & pepper, Alfredo sauce, diced tomatoes, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, baby spinach
- boneless chicken breast, cream cheese, bacon, ranch dressing mix