Looking for Shark themed food for a shark birthday party or to celebrate Shark Week? These fun shark snacks are made with yogurt and jello and topped with a gummy shark.
It’s hard to believe that the summer is already over with the warm weather we’ve been having this week. The days have been getting busy with the boys going back to school and with the activities starting back up. Now that J is in first grade and is at school all day long we have been busy putting together simple snack recipes, lunches and kids desserts. We celebrated the first week of school with these yummy shark snacks. They’re perfect for a shark birthday party, to celebrate shark week, or any day of the week!
The boys are big into individual portions when it comes to snacks and lunches, having their own container is a big deal. I found these small 5 oz cups at a party store and we often make them into quick and easy snacks including jello cups or pudding. While I had the small individual cups, a trip to Walmart was in order to pick up the ingredients for our fun shark snacks, Cool Whip, yogurt, Jelloo, and of course gummy Sharks.
Every year sister makes a dessert pie every Christmas with Cool Whip, raspberry yogurt and raspberry Jello mix. To go along with an ocean theme, I decided to change things up a bit to make it blue to resemble the water. Instead of raspberry Jello and yogurt we went with Berry Blue Jello and vanilla yogurt in order to keep the light blue color.
The yogurt and cool whip make this fun dessert light and fluffy, fun for a shark themed birthday in the summer. Instead of making individual cups, you can also make this recipe in a glass dish or cake pan.
Shark Birthday Party:
These shark snacks are the perfect shark themed food if you’re planning a shark party or in the classroom for Shark Week.
Explore more shark themed birthday party ideas on our Shark Week Pinterest board.
Shark Snack Cups
- 1 tub 8 oz. COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 2 containers 6 oz. each low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 3 oz pkg Jell-O mix
- 1/2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- Individual serving cups/dishes.
- Gummy sharks
- Optional: Parasol picks
- Dissolve Jell-O into boiling water in a medium bowl.
- Wisk in COOL WHIP and yogurt; stir until blended.
- Spoon into individual serving cups.
- Add a spoonful of graham cracker crumbs to one side
- Freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer 15 min. before serving; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly. Top with gummy sharks before serving.