Looking for something fun and exciting to do with the kids for February School Break but don’t have time or want to hop on a plane and travel?
Stay right here in New England and create fun memories at Ocean Edge Resort & Gold Club in Brewster, Cape Cod. The resort just completed a major renovation to its Mansion side and offers a host of activities and amenities for families and parents, including a great, action-packed travel deal Feb. 14-22. Our family travels to the Cape every winter, it’s something we’ve been doing ever since I was in grade school and a tradition that my husband and I continued on with our own children. I loved being able swim in the indoor pools while escaping the cold and snowy outdoors, and it is the highlight of my children’s trip also.
February Vacation at Ocean Edge
Over February School Break (February 14 – February 22) Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club in Brewster, Cape Cod invites families to enjoy a quick, wintertime escape. Ocean Edge boasts two indoor pools, a full schedule of activities for both kids and adults, and is just a short drive from Boston. With rates starting at just $129 per night in the Ocean Edge Villages and $195 per night for Mansion guests rooms, families can enjoy the perfect cozy coastal getaway.
- Two indoor pools with daily activities, including a cannonball contest, inner-tube water polo, kick-board races, and pizza Bingo parties
- Hosted Project Runway event: kids are invited to design and showcase their own fashions
- Cape Cod Pirates: Pirate-themed scavenger hunt, tales of the high seas, bandana designing, and more
- Game Room with Xbox Kinetic, ping pong table, and family karaoke and movie nights
- Kids Cupcake Happy Hours
- Tye-Dye Day
- Cooking demonstrations by Executive Chef Phil Flath, as well as wine and chocolate tastings (perfect for Valentine’s Day!)
- Fitness room and classes daily, including yoga, water aerobics, spinning, and designated adults-only swim
Guests can enjoy a breakfast buffet served at Ocean Terrace each morning and lunch and dinner at the cozy Bayzo’s Pub with special kid’s buffet and daily dinner specials for mom and dad. The week will allow for plenty of time to explore the charming town of Brewster and for a visit to the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History.
click on the images for a larger view.
A bit more about Ocean Edge:
The resort also offers the Cape’s only Nicklaus Design golf course, the largest ballroom on the Cape, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, 5,000-square-foot Members Sports Club, a USPTA-certified tennis complex, bike rentals for biking the Cape Cod Bike & Rail Trail, and the warm beaches of Brewster or the Cape Cod National Seashore. Ocean Edge has three restaurants, including the Ocean Terrace bar and restaurant in the back of the Mansion with sweeping views of Cape Cod Bay. Ocean Edge just finished extensive renovations to its Mansion side – debuting ultra-lux mansion-side guest rooms and 2- and 3-bedroom Presidential Bay Collection villas. The Villages side of the resort (the largest in New England) still offers a more budget-friendly price point).
Information provided by Ocean Edge Resort.