Our family loves to try out new recipes, there are some recipes we like, some that we love, and some we would never make again. We recently received the George Foreman GRP0004B, and I couldn’t wait to try out some new recipes for the George Foreman Grill: Show Us Your Grill Skill Recipe Contest.
I try to go through our pantry and fresh veggies and use up what I have on hand instead of running to the store to pick up a number of new ingredients. Since I had some mushrooms and spinach to use up I decided on Mushroom Spinach & Onion Smothered Chicken.
- 2 cups of organic baby spinach
- 1½ cups of sliced mushrooms
- ½ onion – sliced
- ½ tsp Montreal Chicken spice (McCormick)
- 2 slices of provolone cheese
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, (if thick slice in half to cook quicker)
- Plug in George Foreman grill to heat up.
- Grill the mushrooms, onions, and baby spinach until tender. Then cover or place in closed container to keep warm.
- Sprinkle chicken with Montreal Chicken spice, place on the George Foreman grill and close. Cook for about 5-6 minutes until internal temp is 170 degrees.
- Add a slice of cheese to the top of chicken, close top for a few seconds to allow cheese to melt.
- Serve chicken topped with mushroom, spinach, & onion mixture.’
This recipe was very easy to make and was delicious, I loved the spinach & mushrooms combination.
Disclosure: I was provided a George Foreman Grill from Family Review Network . All opinions are my own personal and honest thoughts.