Having recently graduated from college I know how important it is to have a reliable printer for not only school aged children and teens but for college students also. It seemed like at least 3-4 times a week during the school year I had to print a project or a report. Luckily I am out of school and my oldest child is in preschool so I don’t have to worry about running out of ink for that 5 page paper, but I do often print recipes and craft ideas.
The Epson Expression® Home XP-400 is an affordable solution for all of your family’s printing needs. It is an all-in-one which allows for printing, copying, and scanning and features a 2.5″ color LCD, instant-drying DURABrite® Ultra ink, and easy wireless printing.
- Print, copy, scan
- Card slot for PC-free printing
- DURABrite® Ultra instant-dry ink
- Convenient wireless printing on-the-go from smartphones, tablets and more.
- Print from any room in the house, using a wireless network.
- Four individual ink cartridges, replace only the color you need.
After using the same printer for the past 10 years, the Epson Expression® Home XP-400 was quite the upgrade. I was excited about trying all of the features, especially the wireless printing. I used to have to pick up my laptop and walk over to my husband’s desk and plug it into the printer to print. Now I can print recipes from sitting in our living room, in my bedroom, and even on the back deck!
After hearing about how my father had trouble connecting his laptop to his wireless printer I was surprised with how easy the XP-400 was to connect and it took just minutes. Step by step directions are provided, and made installation very quick. After I had it initially installed it on my laptop, installing the wireless printer with our desktop was just as easy. With just a few simple steps and in just a few minutes, I had the printer installed in both the laptop and desktop and was ready for wireless printing.
Once I had the printer set up wireless I couldn’t wait to see how it printed pictures, boy was I amazed! If I didn’t tell my husband that I printed it myself, he would have thought I ordered it from Walgreens, it was that good.
There are often times when I need a copy of my I.D. or the boy’s shot record. No more running to the store to make a copy, making a copy with the XP-400 is as easy as 1-2-3 . You can easily choose between color and black and white and make between 1-99 copies. You also have the option to enlarge copies to 400 percent with just one touch
The XP-400 also offers convenient mobile printing with EPSON Connect. I’m on my iPhone numerous times throughout the day and most nights I usually lay in my bed searching Pinterest for new recipes, it’s so nice to be able to print a recipe instantly when I find one, instead of having to run to the computer and bringing up the URL to print, or trying to remember the URL to print when I get on the computer.
- Email Print: send documents and photos directly to an Epson printer’s unique e-mail address to easily print from a smartphone or other mobile device.
- EPSON iPrint™: Print web pages, Microsoft Office documents, photos, and PDFs over a wireless network anytime with this free app; also scan and save files on your device, send it as an e-mail or upload it to a cloud service such as Box.net, Dropbox, Evernote® or Google Docs™
- Apple AirPrint: Print emails, photos, web pages, and documents from an iPad®, iPhone® or iPodtouch®; no software, drivers or cables to connect™
- Google Cloud Print: Print from an Android smartphone or tablet with a Gmail or Google Docs account and other supported apps; also print from Chrome books and the Google Chrome browser
Overall, we have been very happy with the Epson Expression® Home XP-400. It is small and compact yet offers copying, printing, and scanning. It prints quietly and the wireless setup was a breeze. As a busy mom, the EPSON Connect feature makes printing convenient, I can now print from my iPhone, not just the desktop.
Buy It: You can purchase the Epson Expression Home XP-400 Small-in-One™ All-in-One Printer for $99 at retailers nationwide including Best Buy, Staples, and Office Max.
Epson has recently unveiled a one-stop Back-to-School Buying Guide on its online retail store, which provides a variety of top-rated products ideal for school projects and in-class instructional tools, such as all-in-ones, wide-format printers, photo scanners, multi-media projectors, ink, and paper.
In addition, Epson is further supporting education with the “Epson Gear Up!” Giveaway. Twitter users can visit the Back-to-School Buying Guide and Retweet a message from Epson for the chance to win either the grand prize $1,000 Visa prepaid card, or one of 10 $200 Visa prepaid cards, that can be used for gear showcased in the guide and more. The contest runs through Aug. 31.