With two little boys and two energetic dogs life can sometime get hectic, it has taken months of trial and error but we have finally got a routine down and there are numerous things that I do on a daily basis to try to make things a little less hectic.
Ten Time-Saving Tips To Make Life As A Busy Mom Easier:
1. Plan Dinners: I often go shopping on Sunday for the week, and I make a list of dinners that we will have that week. I make sure that we have all the ingredients on hand that Sunday so when I go to make that specific dinner during the week I will have all of the ingredients and not have to run to the store.
2. Get On A Schedule: We have schedule that we stick to in the mornings as well as at night to help us with the boys. After we all wake up we eat breakfast and then directly get dressed for the day. If I don’t get us all dressed for the day right away, it ends up taking hours. I like to have us all dressed in ready in case something comes up and we have to leave the house.
3. Diaper Bag Always Ready to Go: I always have the diaper bag packed and ready to go, and I always have an extra sippy cup in the fridge ready to go. It used to take me forever to get the boys out of the house. I would get them all packed up in the car and then realize I forgot to put something in the diaper bag, so now it sits by the door and is ready to go on a moment’s notice.
4. Pre-made Lunches: I make a number of sandwiches at a time and I free them, when I know we will be going out for the day I take one out of the freezer and pack it in the lunch bag. By the time it is lunch time, the sandwich is defrosted and ready to go.
5. Put Baby Boy Down For A Nap: Baby Boy needs his nap, if he does not nap he is one cranky boy and the day just drags on, and I get nothing done. I make sure to put him down for a nap daily, usually around 10am and 3pm.
6. Shop Online: My favorite! I miss runnning out of the house to grab a last minute gift all by myself. Now if I have to run out it takes me triple the time. Little Man always has to go the bathroom as soon as I get him buckled into the car, or Baby Boy needs a diaper change. Online Shopping has made my life so much easier. I can shop in the comfort of my own home, and in my pajamas!
7. Restroom Check: Little Man always has to go to the bathroom as soon as I get him into the car. Now whenever we are getting ready to go somewhere, even if it is only a 5 minute trip I make him try to go to the restroom. Althought it can be a hassle right before we leave it is much easier then packing the boys in the car and then have to unbuckle them and bring them back in the house.
8. Grocery Lists: If I do not make a list, I find myself spending hours at the grocery store trying to remember what I need.
9. Get Up Early: I am not a morning person at all, neither is my husband. We tend to lay in bed for quite awhile before we actually get up and get ready for the day. As much as I hate getting directly up after I wake up, it feels like I have so much more time during the day to get things done. I can take my time getting ready instead of rushing to get me and the kids dressed and out of the house.
10. Don’t Shop Near the 1st or 15th of The Month: All military gets paid twice a month, the 1st and the 15th, and all of the stores are packed, there is no inventory and the line goes half way around the store. We try to plan our meals around not shopping during those days, and shop a few days later.
What are your time-saving tips to make life as a busy mom easier?
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and
Starbucks blogging program, for a gift card worth $30. For more
information on how you can participate, click here.