As part of its second annual Harvest Grants program, Welch’s today announced the 100 elementary schools nationwide who will receive gardening grants. The program, a collaboration of Welch’s®, Scholastic Parent & Child magazine and the National Gardening Association, provides children the opportunity to learn the importance of incorporating fruits and vegetables into their diet and gain a heightened awareness of what they eat and where it comes from by planting, tending, and eventually harvesting their own fruits and vegetables at school.
For complete details, go to www.scholastic.com/harvest.
- Diet and exercise affect your heart but so do your genes. That’s why it’s important to understand your family’s heart health history.
- With this in mind, Welch’s has developed a tool, the Welch’s Family Vine Tool, which enables families to track and record their personal health histories and share the results among relatives. Since your heart health is often impacted by other medical and nutrition factors, it’s important to assess your overall health with your doctor. For more visit, welchsfamilyvinetool.com.
- Fruits, vegetables, and their juices, including Concord grapes and Concord grape juice, have essential vitamins, minerals and beneficial plant nutrients, like polyphenols.
- Did you know that many of the polyphenols in Concord grapes are the same as those found in red wine? Growing research suggests that certain polyphenols may play a role in supporting heart health.
- Research also suggests that drinking Concord grape juice may benefit the heart by helping to maintain healthy, clear, and flexible arteries to promote healthy blood flow. The Grape Science Center is a valuable resource to learn about the growing Concord grape research in areas like heart health, cognitive health, immune on the science behind the Concord grape’s health benefits, visit the Grape Science Center at grapescience.com.
Our Take: When I think of Grape Juice I instantly think of Welch’s. My mother used to buy Welch’s when I was younger and we currently buy it for Little Man and Baby Boy. Not only is Welch’s Grape Juice delicious but it is also healthy for the boys. Welch’s recently sent me a coupon for Welch’s Grape Juice as well as recipes. I never event thought to include the grape juice in different recipes.
1 ½ tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice, ½ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice, ¼ cup water, 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed orange juice
½ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice, ½ cup seltzer
½ cup brewed herbal peach tea, ¼ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice, ¼ cup seltzer
½ cup seltzer, 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice, ¼ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
¾ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice, 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice, 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
For more information on Welch’s, visit www.welchs.com. For more information on the science behind
the Concord grape’s health benefits, visit the Grape Science Center at www.grapescience.com.
One lucky reader will win coupon for a free Welch’s 100% Grape Juice 46 oz., 64 oz. or 96 oz. bottle good through 8/31/11.
- Follow Welch’s on Twitter
- Tweet the Following: (you can tweet once daily) Enter to #win a Coupon For a FREE Welch’s 100% Grape Juice @shining2save @welchs Ends 5/31 http://shining2save.com #giveaway
- Subscribe via Email or RSS Feeds
- Vote for me at We’re On The Fence (you can vote daily)
- Add this giveaway to a giveaway linky on another blog. Leave the URL of the linky page. (1 entry per linky, limit of 3)
- Blog about this giveaway and link back to Shining2Save, if you do not have a blog share this giveaway on Facebook.
- Add Shining2Save to your blog roll, or add my Button to your blog.
email and the winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email or a
new winner will be selected. Your email address NEEDS to be posted in
the comment to win. You must be 18 years. This giveaway is open to the
I have the right to delete comments if you did not do the mandatory entry.
The representing PR or Company provided a free product coupon and is
providing the giveaway prize. No compensation was provided.
expressed are my own personal and honest thoughts.